Being from Seattle, you already know that Salmon is a huge favorite of ours! We love to pair baked salmon with this fresh and easy yogurt based dill sauce. Made in about 30 minutes, you will love how simple and flavorful this dill sauce and salmon is.
Ah, salmon. The chicken of the sea. Wait..that’s tuna. Whatever- I have a 3 month old, I’m tired and cranky. Salmon is easy and healthy so here we are. 🙂 I made this for dinner during one of little spatula’s famous 30 minute naps (don’t get me started…) and both my husband and I devoured it. We had it with Mediterranean Couscous Salad and steamed broccoli.
To start, bake salmon filets in the oven with just a little olive oil, salt and pepper. I used to be a chronic over-baker of salmon; salmon jerky was my mantra. UNTIL- my mom, the matriarch of Laughing Spatula Enterprises told me to knock it off. For perfectly baked salmon, bake it for 12-16 minutes at 400 degrees. The best way to guarantee perfect, flakey salmon is take it out when it is about 135 degrees, and it will finish cooking on the counter until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees farenheit at the thickest portion (the safe temperature of fish).
I like to use the time while the salmon is baking to make the dill sauce. It’s a combination of yogurt, mayonnaise, dill (I use freeze dried but fresh would be great too), granulated garlic, and lemon juice. Mix it well, and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve. This would also be delicious with cucumbers on the side!
Once the salmon has slightly cooled (I let it sit for about 10 minutes after it reaches 145), spoon on the dill sauce. If you are having company or just want it to be pretty, garnish it with a lemon slice and a little extra dill on top.
We served ours with couscous salad, but if you need some other ideas what to serve this with, here’s a few they recommend!
- Caesar Pasta Salad
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad
- Try a green salad with Easy Caesar Dressing!
- Cheese Stuffed Garlic French Bread
If you are a big salmon lover like we are, check out these other recipes featuring our favorite fish!
- Pean Crusted Rosemary Salmon
- Grilled Salmon Burgers with Avocado Salsa
- Baked Garlic Lemon Salmon with Broccoli
- Honey Glazed Salmon with Orange and Ginger
- Honey Glazed Sheet Pan Salmon Dinner
We hope you enjoy this easy and delicious salmon dish!
– Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below!Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula, while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Easy Baked Salmon with Lemon Dill SaucePrint Pin Rate
- 4 6 oz salmon filets (we like Costco salmon)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon wedges for garnish if desired
Lemon Dill Sauce
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1.5 tbsp dill (chopped if using fresh) (we use freeze dried but fresh works well too)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- salt and pepepr to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees farenheit.
- Place salmon on a foil lined baking tray. Drizzle top with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 12-16 minutes depending on the thickness of salmon filet. Once internal temperature reaches about 135 degrees, remove from oven and let rest until 145 degrees internally (the safe cooking point of salmon).
- While salmon is baking, mix together dill sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Once salmon is cooked to your liking, spoon dill sauce on top. Garnish with lemon wedge if desired and serve.