We are always looking for ways to use healthy ground turkey in our house, and this Thai Turkey Meatloaf is one we will make often! A turkey based meatloaf is infused with carrots, cilantro, water chestnuts, and infused with fresh ginger, topped with an easy store bought sweet chili glaze.
After foraging in my fridge, not sure what to make for dinner, I had a hankering for our Asian Chicken Meatloaf, but I had turkey, and wanted to change things up a bit, so Thai Turkey Meatloaf it is.
Thai Turkey Meatloaf Ingredients
- Ground Turkey
- Green Onion
- Carrot (I buy pre-shredded to save some time)
- Red Bell Pepper
- Cilantro (reserve some for garnish, too)
- Soy Sauce
- Panko Crumbs
- Salt & Pepper
- Sweet Chili Glaze
The best tool for mixing Turkey Meatloaf? Clean hands!
Combine the ingredients (everything besides the sweet chili glaze, that is) into a medium sized mixing bowl. Using clean hands, work the ingredients together (you can wear gloves if it bothers you to touch raw meat!) until they are fully combined, but not overmixed.
Form the meatloaf into 2 loafs, and place them on a greased foil lined sheet pan.
PRO TIP: When making meatloaf out of a leaner meat, like turkey, a meatloaf pan is not necessary. A foil lined pan helps keep the mess down, and by dividing the mixture into 2 loafs, you cut down on cook time, resulting in a more tender, evenly cooked meatloaf.
Once the meatloaf is formed into a loaf, add sweet chili glaze on top, and brush with a basting brush. Bake at 375 degrees, for about 20-25 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit in the middle, most thickest part of the meatloaf. Serve with a side of Coconut Rice, or even some garlic broccoli!
More Recipes featuring Ground Turkey
- Ground Turkey Burgers
- Ground Turkey Chili with Sweet Potatoes
- Skillet with Ground Turkey & Sweet Potatoes
- Turkey Taco Zucchini Boats
Let’s eat! -Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula…We love to see your pics!
Thai Turkey Meatloaf
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 8 oz. chopped water chestnuts (drained well)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (preferably panko but regular will work)
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro (2 for mixture, plus 1 extra tbsp for garnish)
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped garlic
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce (we love Trader Joes brand)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 9x13 sheet pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- Combine all meatloaf ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl. Mix well with clean hands. Divide mixture in half and form into 2 loafs on sheet pan.
- Top each loaf with sweet chili glaze using a basting brush.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until each meatloaf reads an internal temperature of 165 degrees at its most middle, thickest point. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.