Tropical Salmon Burgers! These easy to make healthy burgers have mango, jalapeño and red bell peppers running all through the burger than a bit more spooned on top!
Make one bowl of fresh fruit salsa and incorporate some into the burger itself and serve the rest as topping. This comes together so fast and is full of flavor!
I don’t use any fancy gadgets to prepare the salmon for these Tropical Salmon Burgers.
I simply remove the skin and chop the salmon into a fine mince.
I use Steelhead Salmon that I buy from Costco. It has super color…look at all that perfect pink salmon! You can use whatever salmon you like, even frozen that has been thawed will work.
We love bunless burgers around here! The less buns I have, the happier I am. Right now, after a very fun filled last couple months, I have more buns than I need. Ho hum, me and my weight…always struggling. Let’s just say I have a lot of ‘before’ pictures available but could really use a few ‘after’. Why is fun so fattening? A friend of mine was telling me about this great diet, what’s it called again?…oh! I remember…Moderation! What a concept! LOL!
I used fresh mango, poblano pepper and red bell pepper for my salsa. All mixed up with a big squeeze of lime. Super simple but the flavors are amazing together. The sweet of the mango and the little kick from the poblano make the salmon go boom!
Grill these beauties indoor or out. Be careful not to overcook. 3-4 minutes on each side then check for doneness. Remember not to touch the burger until a sear has formed and it releases from your grill easily. If you have to force it, it’s not ready. Burgers are very sensitive, you have to be patient.
This recipe is based on my Tropical Chicken Burgers! A great alternative if you prefer chicken over seafood.
You can see all my Easy Fast and Fresh burgers HERE!
I love this grill pan!
Including these Grilled Salmon Burgers with Avocado Salsa!
To Healthy Fast and Fresh Burgers all year long! Indoor or out!
Tropical Salmon Burgers
- 1 pound salmon fillet, skin removed and minced
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup mango, peeled and chopped fresh is best but frozen thawed is okay
- 1/2 cup poblano pepper, seeded and chopped about 1 small poblano
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, seeded and chopped about 1/2 of a pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley or cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In mixing bowl, combine minced salmon, panko crumbs, salt and pepper.
- In another bowl combine all salsa ingredients and toss.
- Add about 1/3 of the salsa to the minced salmon mixture and combine. Store remaining salsa in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Divide salmon mixture into 4 patties and shape. If you have difficulty with the patties holding together, add 1 beaten egg and reshape.
- Heat grill (indoor or out) to medium high. Grill on each side careful to only turn once. 3-4 minutes on each side, checking for doneness.
- Serve with tropical salsa and a wedge of lime!