This easy Prosciutto Wrapped Appetizer with Apple and Cheese comes together in a flash with just a few ingredients. This super easy and portable appetizer is great for any size party! Make 4 or 40 in just minutes!
This easy Prosciutto Wrapped Appetizer requires no cooking and comes together quickly with just a few ingredients! Served cold and ready to eat. Crunchy and delish!
Ingredients to make this easy appetizer recipe:
- Prosciutto – thinly sliced Italian ham. Readily available in most store deli’s these days. You will need a 1/2 slice of prosciutto for every appetizer.
- Apple – any of your favorites will do. We prefer Fuji or Honey Crisp.
- Fresh Lemon Juice – just a sprinkle over the apples to keep them from turning brown
- Cheese – sharp cheddar, yellow or white pairs well with the apples.
- Arugula – for color and crunch. Spinach will work in a pinch as a good substitute.
- Micro Greens – for garnish. (optional) We love everything sprinkled with micro greens. It adds such a burst of color and crunch. Use sliced green onions or chopped parsley as a substitute.
How to make Easy Prosciutto Wrapped Appetizers –
- cut your prosciutto slices in half and lay out on a flat surface.
- slice your apples and toss in a squeeze of fresh lemon juice to help keep them from browning.
- layer ham, apple, cheese and top with arugula.
- roll them up and place them on a tray…thats it! Your done!
What else can I stuff in Prosciutto Appetizers?
- peaches – fresh, pat dry
- asparagus – crisp steam
- mozzarella, swiss, gorgonzola crumbles, feta
- cooked shrimp
- red peppers – roasted or raw
- Just to name a few! This is a great clean out your fridge appetizer!
A few more appetizers we think you will enjoy! :
Kathi & Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Easy to make Prosciutto Wrapped Apple and Cheese Appetizers. Easy to assemble. Make 4 or 40!
- 12 slices prosciutto – cut in half
- 24 slices apple
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 24 slices cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh arugula
- micro greens for garnish – optional
Sprinkle sliced apple with fresh lemon juice to keep from browning.
Place half slice of prosciutto down and layer with apple, cheese and pinch of arugula. Roll ham over fillings.
Place seam side down on serving platter.
Sprinkle with micro greens if desired.
Cover with plastic wrap for up to 3 hours until ready to serve.