Tropical Chicken Burgers where have you been all my life! Chopped mango, jalapeño, red peppers and onions all mixed together with ground chicken – it’s a perfect burger that comes together quickly and can easily be cooked on your indoor grill pan or outdoor BBQ.
Just like my Salmon Burgers, Chicken Avocado Burgers and Greek Chicken Burgers, these are super easy and super healthy! Just toss your ingredients together in a bowl, gently shape into patties and throw ’em down! No precooking of the veggies or anything like that. They all meld together while on the grill for a big flavor!
A few of my other fave burgers to try!
I truly enjoy the flavor of ground chicken opposed to ground turkey but you can certainly use ground turkey in a pinch! Once you try this, you will be grilling them up all summer long and look at these directions? Can it get easier than this?
- If cooking on a hot BBQ outdoors, be careful not to over cook. These cook up quickly..
- I used a mix of dark and white ground chicken but ground chicken breast can be used – just be prepared to have it turn out a bit on the dry side.
- Here is a tutorial on how to slice a mango.
Any of these burgers would be great served with Crunchy Mediterranean Couscous Salad!
Tropical Chicken Burger
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/2 red pepper - chopped
- 2 green onions - chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup Panko crumbs or almond meal for Paleo/Whole30
- 1 jalapeño pepper - seeded and chopped
- 1 mango - chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Heat grill pan to medium heat
Mix together all ingredients carefully (trying not break up the mango pieces)
Shape into 4 patties and grill to 165 degrees or until juices run clear - about 4-5 minutes on each side.