This Easy Mediterranean Fish Skillet comes together in less than 30 minutes and is made in one pan. Use any white fish fillet. Packed with healthy veggies and a ton of flavor! You will make this over and over again!
We have all heard about how good a Mediterranean diet is for us. But it is not always easy to capture all the healthy benefits in one dish. Let alone in less than 30 minutes with easy ingredients. Got ya covered here with this Easy White Fish Recipe.
Some tips to make this Easy Mediterranean Fish Skillet :
- Use a firm white fish such as cod, halibut or mahi. We used mahi for this dish because the texture allows it to easily be seared. (it’s also what I had on hand), but you can use your favorite.
- Use a cast iron, enamel or non stick pan. We love this blue enamel cast iron skillet!
- To sear your fish. Pat the fillets dry. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper to help form a nice crust. Turn your fish once and only after it releases easily from the pan. If it sticks, it isn’t ready to turn. Fish fillets are so smart…
- We kept this recipe simple. Some additional add-ins would be: artichoke hearts, zucchini and asparagus pieces just to name a few.
- Substitute the white wine for chicken stock if you are Whole30 or Paleo.
So lets get started!
Pat dry your fish fillets with a paper towel and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Chop your veggies and set aside. This is gonna go quick!
Next, heat your pan to medium high. Add about 2 tablespoons of good olive oil and let it heat up until shimmery but not smoking.
Put the fish in the hot pan and don’t touch it! Let it sear for 3-4 minutes. Test to see if it will release from the pan easily, if it’s sticking give it another minute. This technique works for all forms of protein. Chicken, fish and pork.
Remove the fish and add your veggies to then skillet. Nestle the fish back on top of the slightly cooked veggies along with the wine and chicken stock. Continue to cook until your fish is done and the tomatoes burst!
Sprinkle with a bit of feta cheese, fresh basil or parsley.
At around 250 calories a serving this dish will become one of your favorite go to healthy meals. A super easy way to get more fish in your diet!
We love healthy meals and have over 100 recipes! You can see them all HERE.
What do you think about this recipe?Have questions?Comment below!Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Easy Mediterranean Fish Skillet
- 4 6 ounce fish fillets mahi, cod, halibut or any other firm white fish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow pepper, sliced red or green bell pepper can be substituted
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken stock if on a specific eating plan
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- salt and pepper
- Garnish with feta, chopped basil or fresh parsley if desired
- Pat fish dry with paper towel. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Slice vegetables and set aside.
- Heat large cast iron or non stick skillet to medium high heat. Add olive oil and heat for about 30 seconds or until shimmery but not smoking.
- Add fish to hot skillet. DO NOT TOUCH. Sear for 3-4 minutes on each side. When the fish releases from the pan easily it is ready to flip. Remove fish from skillet and set aside.
- Add peppers and onion to skillet. Cook 2-3 minutes until slightly soft. Add garlic and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add basil, white wine and chicken stock to vegetables in pan, scraping up all the little bits from the bottom.
- Add fish back to skillet and continue to cook until cooked through and fish flakes easily. Another 3-4 minutes. Toss kalamata's into the pan until slightly heated.
- Serve with a sprinkle of feta, fresh basil or fresh parsley and lemon wedges if desired.