Baked Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta! A 20 minute no fail recipe! Tomatoes, garlic and shrimp round out this super healthy and fast dinner!
I have been rummaging around the blog basement for some of your favorite recipes that need a facelift! This super easy to make shrimp dish has all the components you guys love. It’s fast, fresh and healthy! (also low in calories. 279 per serving…your welcome :).
Yup…this one needed an up doo, thats for sure! I love the addition of kalamatas in the original post but didn’t have any on hand. I didn’t miss them much and it helped to reduce the fat and calories quite a bit!
You and your waistline will love this Baked Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta!
I used 21-25 per pound shrimp that I buy at Costco. Raw with tail on. I like the look of the tails on..kinda fancy. You can get them with the tails off but I like to pluck them off while I’m eating. It’s a dinner activity and I get bored easily….
This would be great served with crusty bread to mop up that sauce. And good enough for company. Maybe in separate little au gratin dishes. More fancy pants!
Serve with a simple salad and copious amounts of wine. You can go with white or red on this one. A lighter variety red like pinot noir or a blend would go perfect with this.
Another super fast 20 minute shrimp dinner is my Shrimp and Orzo Skillet. Everything in one pan!
We also really love this Sheet Pan Shrimp Dinner! Over salad or in a tortilla…super fresh and fast!
To healthy, fast and fresh dinners!
Baked Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped about a cup
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 14.5 ounce can roasted diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, devined 21-25 count thawed if frozen
- 2 teaspoons basil, dried or handful of fresh
- 1/4 cup parsley, fresh
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta seperated
- salt and peper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat oven safe skillet to medium high heat (cast iron works great for this).
- Add olive oil and onion. Saute for a few minutes or until onions are translucent. Add garlic and sauté one minute more.
- Add both cans of diced tomatoes. (undrained) along with basil and parsley. Bring to a simmer and let cook down for about 5-6 minutes or until slightly thick.
- Turn off heat. Add 1/2 cup feta and taste for seasoning. More salt? More pepper? Toss in shrimp and stir.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until shrimp is just cooked through and edges of pan are bubbly. Top with remaining feta.
- Serve with pasta, rice or just a loaf of crusty bread!