This Cinnamon Apple Bread is the perfect snack, breakfast, or even dessert. It is easy to make and uses fresh cut apples, covered in a crumbly cinnamon streusel topping and topped with a light glaze. We love this recipe not only for how it tastes, but how good it makes the house smell!
Nothing beats the smell of something with cinnamon baking on a crisp Fall day- add a candle glowing in the background and you got yourself a Pinterest style day! I love baking with purpose- my little boy Benny loves anything I bake and this apple bread was something he especially seemed to enjoy so he had it for breakfast the whole week.
Honeycrisp apples make the best apple bread.
The best part of this recipe is how easy it is. No need to peel the apples- just chop them up and add the to the batter. I used honeycrisp apples for their sweetness, but you could use any type you enjoy. You certainly can peel the apples if you do not like the skin on them, but I find it really doesn’t truly matter taste-wise.
Use parchment paper in a loaf pan sprayed with nonstick to make the bread come out easily, pour in the batter, then top with streusel topping.
After baking, I like to add a little drizzle of glaze, plus it makes it look pretty! You can add some maple syrup or cinnamon to make a flavored glaze if you like. You could even skip the glaze and drizzle with caramel if you preferred.
Give it a slice, and serve! If you are looking for other breakfast bread type recipes, here are a few more that we love:
- Lightened up Blueberry Muffins
- Peach Cobbler Muffins
- Bran Muffins
- Lemon Zucchini Bread
- Savory Zucchini Cheddar Quick Bread
Happy baking! – Kathi and Rachel
Apple Bread with Streusel Topping
Apple Bread Batter
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup apples
- 5 tbsp cold butter (cut into cubes)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
Glaze Topping (Optional)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp milk
- .5 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Line an loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together in mixing bowl. Add eggs, milk and vanilla and stir. Add flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda and mix until fully combined. Fold in apple chunks. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a separate dish, combine streusel ingredients and use a fork to mash together, until crumbly sandlike texture is formed. Pour mixture over apple bread batter in loaf pan.
- Bake bread for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. Set aside to cool. Prepare glaze, and drizzle over bread. Serve & enjoy.