This Quick Cheese Bread requires no yeast or rising time! In less than 10 minutes you have a loaf of easy homemade bread in the oven! Made with simple ingredients you probably have on hand.
Cheese Bread Recipe
This savory cheese bread is sure to be a family favorite. We serve it with soups, salads or as a snack! No rise time, no yeast, no reason to wait to dig into a hot loaf of homemade bread!
Ingredients to make Cheese Bread:
- flour – all purpose
- baking powder
- sharp cheddar – if you don’t have sharp you can substitute most any cheddar
- parmesan cheese
- garlic powder
- green onion
How to make Quick and Easy Cheese Bread: (see recipe card below for detailed recipe)
Combine flour, baking powder, sugar garlic powder, cheese and green onion in a large bowl.
In seperate bowl combine the egg, milk and melted butter. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
Stir only until just combined. Over mixing can create a tough loaf of bread so be gentle!
Pour into a prepared loaf pan. Any size loaf pan will work.
HOW TO MAKE CHEESE BREAD MUFFINS: This recipe will make about 12 muffins. Follow directions and bake for about 15 minutes.
Bake for about 50 minutes at 350 degrees or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Serve this bread with these recipes for the perfect meal! –
- Easy Taco Soup – if you can open a can, you can make this soup!
- Chili with Sweet Potatoes – a wonderful twist on an old favorite.
- Chicken and Mushroom Soup – the one I make when I am craving soup!
- 20 Minute Chicken and Corn Chowder – super easy to make on a fall day!
Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Cheese Bread – Quick Bread
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 green onions – chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray loaf pan with non stick spray.
- In large bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, garlic powder, salt, cheeses and chopped green onion.
- In small bowl combine egg, milk and melted butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined being careful not to overmix as this can result in tough bread.
- Bake for about 50 minutes. The loaf is done when slightly brown and a toothick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan and serving.