This super simple Taco Soup Recipe is truly a one of the easiest soups we make but full of so much flavor! Beef, beans, canned tomatoes and chile with taco seasoning. Lots of protein, naturally healthy and low carb. Let’s eat!
It seems we are making a lot of Mexican inspired recipes lately! Chile Relleno Casserole, Pork Posole and Taco Pasta Casserole to name a few! We love the ease of preparation with big flavors!
Why we love this Easy Taco Soup!
- Because it tastes like tacos! Usually a good enough reason but add in the pantry staple ingredients and super fast assembly time, this soup is a winner!
- Healthy – it doesnt mean to be but it can’t help it!
- Slow cooker or stove top friendly.
- See the ingredient list below – so easy to switch out what you have!
Taco Soup Ingredients – so versatile!
- Ground Beef – or ground chicken or turkey
- Beans – black beans, kidney beans or chili beans
- Canned Diced Tomatoes – regular diced or roasted
- Canned Chilies – or one can of diced tomatoes and chilies like Rotel (and omit can of tomatoes)
- Packaged Taco Seasoning – or 1 tablespoon chili powder plus 2 teaspoons cumin and 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tomato Sauce – or puree
- Corn – fresh, frozen or canned (drained)
- Onion – yellow, white or purple
- Pepper – poblano, anaheim or jalapeño . Prefer no heat; use a bell pepper any color
How to make this easy soup in your slow cooker:
- toss browned beef and onion into slow cooker along with the remaining ingredients. Cook on low 5-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
How to make on your stove top:
- Follow the instructions on the recipe card – brown your beef and dump everything in a pot and simmer!
What can I serve along side this easy beef soup?
- sour cream
A few more quick and easy soups you might like:
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Taco Soup – Stove Top or Slow Cooker
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey or chicken
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 16 ounce can black beans or kidney or chili beans
- 1 cup corn kernels ,fresh, frozen thawed or canned drained
- 1 4 ounce can chilies chopped or one can of tomatoes and chilies like Rotel and omit the can of diced tomatoes
- 1 14 ounce can diced roasted tomatoes
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce or tomato puree
- 2 cups beef stock or chicken stock if using ground chicken or turkey
- 1 1 ounce package Taco Seasoning
- Toppings such as grated cheese, sour cream and avocado
- In large dutch oven or soup pot cook ground meat and onion crumbling as you cook. After cooked through remove accumulated grease if any.
- SLOW COOKER METHOD: add beef and onion mixture and remaining ingredients. Cook on slow for 5-6 hours or high for 2-3 hour. Taste for additional salt and pepper if needed
- STOVE TOP METHOD: Add remaining ingredients to pot and simmer for 30 minutes tasting for additional salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve with sour cream, avocado and tortilla chips if desired!