This super delicious 20 Minute Chicken and Corn Chowder can be whipped up in no time! We start with cooked chicken, like store bought rotisserie, add corn, veggies, milk and a finely diced pepper for just a little kick!
This soup has been a family favorite for years…I’m talking 20 at least! It’s so easy and comforting!
We start with already cooked chicken. You can buy a rotisserie chicken at your market or just bake an extra chicken breast when your cooking dinner during the week.
What you need to make this easy chowder recipe:
- cooked chicken
- fresh, frozen or canned corn
- cream corn (add this to your grocery list so you have it on hand anytime you want to whip up a batch!
- potato – any variety
- Jalapeño pepper (or poblano, hatch or even a can of chopped chilies will work!)
- milk – whole or 2% (skim is not recommend)
What else could I add to this Easy Chicken and Corn Chowder?
- red pepper
- chopped carrots
- clean out the fridge and throw it in this pot of soup!
What can I serve with this soup?
We love bread! Try any of these delicious easy bread recipes!
- Focaccia Bread
- Easy Homemade Rolls
- Corn Muffins from scratch
- Quick Savory Zucchini Bread
- Homemade English Muffin Bread
There are only two steps to this soup.
1.) Saute’ the veggies
2.) Toss in remaining ingredients
20 minutes later , Soups on!
We love soup around here and eat it all year long…even in sunny Palm Springs! Check out a few of our faves:
One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese Soup – A family fave!
To fast, fresh and easy soup…all week long!
Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
A quick and easy soup made from chicken, corn, milk and peppers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and deveined finely chopped (for less heat use a poblano or regular bell pepper for no heat)
- 3 tablespoons all purpose white flour
- 1 cup potato cubed, any variety
- 2 cups cooked chicken cubed or shredded
- 1 1/2 cups corn fresh, frozen or canned (drained)
- 1 14 ounce canned cream corn
- 1 teaspoon Thyme dried or fresh 2 teaspoons
- 3 cups milk whole or 2% (skim not recommended)
In dutch oven or soup pot melt butter. Add onion, celery and jalapeno. Saute' until just crisp tender. About 3-4 minutes.
Sprinkle flour over vegetables and stir until no flour remains visable.
Add potatoes and remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer and serve!
Use precooked chicken for a faster meal.
Sub poblano or regular bell pepper to reduce heat (although this is not overly spicy)
Avoid skim milk.