CrockPot Breakfast Casserole makes your life a little easier! Easy to toss together and can be made the night before or a couple hours before you want to serve. Eggs, cheese, ham or any breakfast protein you love!
Ingredients to make CrockPot Breakfast Casserole –
(see recipe card below for detailed instructions)
- EGGS – one dozen large.
- HALF AND HALF – half cream/half milk. We find the addition of cream helps keep this breakfast casserole fluffy and not watery.
- HASH BROWNS – we used diced frozen Obrien Potatoes. However regular shredded or plain diced will work great!
- HAM – or cooked crumbled bacon or sausage.
- CHEESE – grated sharp cheddar or mexican blend.
- CHOPPED GREEN ONION
- DIJON MUSTARD – omit if you prefer. We like the tang it gives the eggs.
- TOPPINGS – sour cream, salsa and avocado to name a few!
How to make Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole –
We are simply going to layer the ingredients right into the slow cooker and boom!
- hasbrowns – to haste cooking time defrost if you are cooking for only several hours on high. Long cooking on low does not require defrost.
- cheese – layer half saving remaining for the top.
- ham – or cooked sausage or bacon
- green onion
- Repeat starting with hasbrowns then pour on the egg mixture.
- Set to low for about 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. (this will vary depending on how hot your slow cooker runs).
A few more breakfast recipes we think you will love! –
- Breakfast Enchiladas with Sausage
- Skillet Eggs with Potatoes and Bacon
- Blueberry French Toast Casserole
- Eggs Benedict Casserole
Can you freeze Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole?
Cool the casserole completely before freezing. Wrap in plastic wrap and then put into freezer type bag. Heat in microwave to serve. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Hey and check out our new YouTube Channel!
CrockPot Breakfast Casserole
- 1 CrockPot Slow Cooker A 6, 7 or 8 quart slow cooker will work for this recipe.
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup half and half (half milk/half cream)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard - optional
- 1 bag frozen diced hasbrowns - 32 ounce subtitute shredded if desired
- 2 cups ham, cubed - or 1 pound cooked crumbled bacon or sausage
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheese - sharp or mexican blend work well
- 3 green onions - sliced
- Spray CrockPot with non stick spray.
- Add half the hasbrowns (thawed if using high setting for faster cooking).
- Top with 1/2 cup cheese, half of the ham and 1/2 of the onion.
- Repeat with remaining hash browns, 1/2 cup cheese, remaining ham and onion.
- Whisk eggs in large pitcher bowl. Add half and half, salt, pepper and dijon if using.
- Pour over layered casserole.
- Set your slow cooker on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese 15 minutes before serving to allow to melt.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa, avocado if desired.
- thaw frozen hashbrowns if cooking quickly on high for 3-4 hours. This will speed up the cooking time.
- store any leftovers in a sealed container in the refridgerator for up to 3 days.
- if freezing wrap in plastic wrap then put into a freezer type bag. Thaw in the microwave or counter top.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we might receive a very small commission, at no additional cost to you, should you chose to purchase that linked item. We only link to items we know and trust. Kathi & Rachel
Leave a Reply