This creamy and easy to make Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad tastes just like deviled eggs! We load it up with celery, pickles and of course a lot of eggs. This recipe will feed your crowd and then some!
Easy Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad
This recipe is a total hit everywhere we bring it! Creamy, eggy, puffy pasta covered in what tastes like the inside of a deviled egg. Yes please! Similar to our Hawaiian Mac Salad, we love that it makes a ton. A bowl for the party, a little to keep at home :).
Ingredients you need to make Macaroni and Egg Salad
- elbow macaroni
- yellow mustard
- sweet pickles
- green onion
- boiled eggs
Secrets to the best Macaroni Salad –
- cooking the pasta 5 minutes more than the directions on the box suggest. This makes for a tender and puffy pasta and lets the mayo mixture soak right in!
- we add a bit of milk to the mayo mixture for extra creaminess.
- mix the egg yolks into the mayo to create a deviled egg consistency. Chop the egg whites seperate and stir in.
- rinse your pasta to cool it down before mixing in the mayo and egg mixture.
- chill for at least 2 hours, best if overnight. Add additional mayo and a bit of milk if necessary.
- Taste for salt and pepper! This dish needs a heavy dose of both!
The easiest way to boil all those eggs!
We love to use an Air Fryer to boil our eggs! It truly is the easiest method. But if you don’t have that gadget handy a tried and true way is to simply place your eggs in a sauce pan and cover with cool water. Bring to a boil and simmer for just one minute. Turn off the heat, let the eggs sit in the hot water bath for 15 minutes. Plunge the cooked eggs into an ice water bath and let cool. The shells will peel right off and you will have perfectly cooked hard boiled eggs!
A few more salads we thing you will love !
Kathi and Rachel
Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad
- 16 ounce elbow macaroni
- 8 large hard boiled eggs + 2 more for garnish if desired
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise + more if desired
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sweet pickles diced
- 1/2 cup celery diced
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt + more to taste if needed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper + more to taste if needed
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions adding 5 minutes until tender and puffy. Drain and rinse until pasta is cool.
- Peel boiled eggs. Cut in half and scoop out the yolk. Add the yolk to a medium size bowl. Chop the egg whites and set aside.
- Mash the yolks and whisk in the mayonnaise, mustard and milk . Add salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine macaroni, pickles, celery, onions. Pour in egg and mayo mixture along with chopped egg whites and combine.
- Chill for at least two hours. Best over night. Add a bit more mayo and/or milk if necessary.
- cook pasta 5 minutes longer than directions on box for a puffy tender pasta.
- taste for additional salt and pepper. This dish requires a heavy hand with the S&P.
- after chilling, add additional mayo/milk if necessary.
- store in the refridgerator for up to 5 days