Make in the blender – ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE!
This sauce does it all! Toss it with pasta, simmer your chicken or shrimp, even a dip for your fries or drizzle on your tacos! A staple recipe you will use over and over again!
This sauce uses simple ingredients but when combined they go boom!
We first used this sauce in our Skillet Chicken in Roasted Red Pepper Sauce and thought hey, this easy sauce can do a lot more than chicken!
We used store bought in a jar, Roasted Red Peppers but you can roast your own as well. Of all the store bought items one can buy I will say that roasted red peppers taste amazingly like home made.
PRO TIP: How to roast your own peppers. Heat your broiler to high. Slice your peppers in half. Take out seeds and veins. Press flat on a baking sheet and broil until charcoal black. Watch closely!!! Remove from oven and place in plastic or paper bag for 10 minutes. This will allow the skin to steam and come right off!
Simply drain a jar of store bought roasted peppers, garlic, basil and a touch of cream and toss them all in your blender! We love the Nutri Bullet and use it for everything from salad dressings to smoothies.
A quick 30 second blend and you have Roasted Red Pepper Sauce for EVERYTHING!
Oh and this Roasted Red Pepper Sauce is healthy…did we mention healthy ?
At less than 50 calories for a 1/4 cup servings (when using half and half) you can sauce it up all week long!
How long will this sauce keep?
- Up to 5 days in the refrigerator! If it separates a bit, simple use a whisk and it will come back together. You can eat this cold, hot or warm!
What else can I serve with this healthy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce?
- Saute shrimp and pour on the sauce!
- Sear fish or chicken and pour on the sauce!
- Cook up a batch of your favorite shapped pasta and pour on the sauce!
- Use as a condiment for taco’s for a dip for anything you like to dip!
Here are a few of our other saucy recipes you might like!
Chicken in Mustard Cream Sauce – One Pan Restaurant Quality Meal!
Pasta in Tomato Cream Sauce – This is our most popular pasta dish !
Classic Bolognese Sauce – in then slow cooker or on the stove top the flavor of this sauce is classic Italian!
To sauce and lots of it!
Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 12 ounce jar roasted red peppers or about 3 medium roasted peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 heavy cream or half and half
- 1/4 cup fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce like Tabassco if desired
- Drain red peppers if using store bought.
- Toss peppers and remaining ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth about 15 seconds or so.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Store in refridgerator for up to 4 days.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I might receive a very small commission, at no additional cost to you, should you chose to purchase that linked item. I only link to items I know and trust. Clink!