We love roasted nuts, they make a perfect snack or hostess gift! These Honey Roasted Nuts are super easy and this recipe can be used with any nut, or nuts.
Honey Roasted Nut Recipe
This recipe is that simple, all you really need are 3 ingredients. Nuts, butter, and honey. We add a sprig of fresh chopped rosemary to give a little extra herb flavor, but these nuts are great with or without rosemary. We also like to add a sprinkle of coarse sea salt to give them some crunch and a savory note.
Honey Roasted Nut Mix
This recipe works for any variety of nuts you like. Be warned that some nuts will toast faster than others (and this also depends on your oven!) so keep a close eye on them so they do not burn. You can use a different variety of nuts when you roast them, but try to use nuts that are all around the same size so they toast at the same rate. Use 2 different baking sheets if you need to depending on the nuts you are honey roasting.
- Brazilian Nuts
- Macadamia Nuts
- Pine Nuts
How to Make Honey Roasted Nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place nuts on baking sheet (on parchment paper is ideal).
- Drizzle melted butter over nuts.
- Drizzle honey over melted nuts.
- Fold nuts until fully coated.
- Add in rosemary and sea salt if desired.
- Roast for 6 minutes. Stir.
- Roast for additional 6 minutes.
- Allow to cool, and transfer to bowl.
- Serve & enjoy!
NOTE: We experimented with adding the honey into the melted butter and found the nuts didn’t get that shiny crispy exterior when diluted with the butter. Pour that sweet stuff right onto the already buttered nuts.
Honey Roasted Nut Recipe: More Add-Ins
We love using this honey roasted nut recipe as a base to add even more flavor! Here’s a list of more ingredients you can add to amp up the flavor.
- Lemon Zest
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Fresh Thyme
- Fresh Sage
- Orange Zest
- Brown Sugar
- Cayenne Pepper
- Mustard Seed
These nuts can be stored for up to 3 weeks.
We love this recipe for the long shelflife and we try to keep a batch in our pantry just for the holiday season. They are wonderful for cocktail hour! We buy these handy little cellophane bags and give as gifts all year long. We use them for cookies and all sorts of treats! We love to share and these make it a breeze. Tie them up with a ribbon for a pretty gift.
More snacks! Here are a few of our favorite easy to make treats!
- Cranberry and Brie Biscuit Bombs
- Honey Roasted Pecans with Rosemary
- Homemade French Onion Dip
- Mini Loaded Baked Potato Bites
We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! – Kathi and Rachel
Honey Roasted Nuts
- 1/3 pound pecans
- 1/3 pound cashews
- 1/3 pound almonds
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour nuts onto baking sheet. Drizzle with butter and toss.
- Drizzle honey over butter covered nuts and toss again. Spread out evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 6 minutes. Remove baking sheet and stir. Return to oven for another 5-6minutes until nuts are just slightly brown. NOTE: these can go from toasted to over brown very quickly because of the honey so keep an eye out!
- Remove nuts from oven and sprinkle with fresh rosemary and salt if desired.
- As nuts are cooling give a stir every 5 minutes or so to keep them from sticking. Break apart when completely cool and store in air tight container for up to 3 weeks.
What do you think about this recipe?Have questions?Comment below!Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Hey and check out our new YouTube Channel!