These Easy Grilled Shrimp Skewers are marinated quickly in a delicious lemon and garlic mixture. Thrown on a hot grill, indoor or outdoor, and ready to eat in minutes!
In just a few minutes you can have these delicious Grilled Shrimp Skewers on the table!
How to make Grilled Shrimp Skewers:
- We started with 21-30 size (21-30 shrimp per pound). Tail on – raw. You can certainly buy tail off or simply pluck them off before cooking but we think they are kinda pretty with the tail on :).
- Chop your herbs and garlic. Put your shrimp in a large ziplock type plastic bag. We find it easy to stand the bag up in a small bowl or large measuring cup.
Add your oil, herbs, lemon, salt and pepper. Mix it all up and let it sit in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to an hour.
TIP: We kept the marinade time to a minimum as you don’t want to ceviche your shrimp! Ceviche is when the acid of the juice cooks the shrimp. Lemon is not as acidic as lime but it can still make your shrimp tough if left too long. So 30 minutes should do it!
After your shrimp has sat for about 30 minutes soaking up all the goodness the herbs, garlic, lemon and oil can give it….it’s time to thread them onto skewers.
Thread each one through two times, leaving all the tails in the same direction if your into that kinda thing…and we are!
Take the chunks of garlic and good stuff left in the bottom of the bag and brush it all over the shrimp before grilling and toss the remaining marinade. This really makes a difference in the flavor and adds so much zest. Make sure not to skip this step!
Heat your grill to medium high. These are gonna cook up fast! You want a nice char so lay them down and don’t turn them until they are ready. The will release from the grill when they are charred and ready to flip. Around 2-3 minutes on each side should do it.
What should we serve with these Grilled Shrimp Skewers?
- Mediterranean Couscous Salad – make the couscous in the microwave in 3 minutes for this delicious and crunchy side dish!
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with 2 minute Poppy Seed Dressing
- Simple grilled veggies
- Green salad and rice or baked potato
Need some help with making this delicious shrimp? Check out this video- we thought our plastic bag trick was pretty slick! 🙂
Some other dishes we love to grill!
To Easy Summertime Dinners!
What do you think about this recipe?Have questions?Comment below!Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Hey and check out our new YouTube Channel!
A quick marinade of lemon and garlic make these Grilled Shrimp Skewers an easy, fast, fresh and healthy dinner!
- 1 pound large raw shrimp - thawed if frozen we used 21-30 size, tail on or off
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon 1/2 for juicing, 1/2 for garnish
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- pinch chili flakes optional
Add shrimp to large closing plastic bag
to the bag add juice of 1/2 lemon, olive oil, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
close bag and toss to coat.
refridgerate for 30 minutes then thread shrimp on to skewers
heat grill to medium high heat and place skewers on grill
cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until shrimp are pink and cooked through
serve with rice, couscous and salad or steamed veggies for a complete meal!
No need to pre-soak your bamboo skewers as these shrimp grill up quick!
Marinade for around 30 minutes to one hour. Any longer and the lemon juice will make the shrimp tough.
Grill until slightly charred. Shrimp should release from grill when ready to turn.