We used a standing mixer with dough hook to make this gourmet cracker dough but your hands will work just as well.
Such a simple recipe.
The trick to making crispy Rosemary Crackers is to roll the dough out as thin as possible.
TIPS for the perfect Rosemary Cracker:
- Baked on a lightly oiled sheet pan, parchment lined or a silpat.
- Roll as thin as you can. You don’t want to see through the dough but make them fairly thin so they crisp up. The durable dough won’t tear.
- Preheat your oven!
- To make cheesey crackers, sprinkle your cheese on the cracker halfway through baking time. Because it takes 12 minutes to cook and the oven is pretty hot, the cheese will burn if left on the entire time (mmmm, how do you think I know that :).
A few more easy appetizer recipes!
Mini Quiche in Wonton Wrappers – these are the first things to go at our parties!
Smoked Salmon Pizza – Easy store bought ingredients, nothing to cook…yay!
Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Bites – hard to tell there veggies
To fancy easy on the cook recipes!
What do you think about this recipe?Have questions?Comment below!Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, andÃ‚Â connect with us on Instagram andÃ‚ Ã‚Â tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!Ã‚Â
Artisanal Rosemary Crackers
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose white flour
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and prepare baking sheet by brushing with olive oil or lining with parchment or silpat liner.
- Combine all ingredients in standing mixer with dough hook (or in large bowl and mix with hands). Knead until bread is very smooth. About 5 minutes.
- Form into a ball and cover with a towl. Let rest 20 minutes.
- Roll into a log and cut into 8 even pieces. Cut each piece in half for a total of 16 pieces.
- On a floured board roll each piece out until very thin. Pick up and move to baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with additional salt if desired.Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are just brown.