This recipe had me at the word ‘Italian’. I love Italian food, especially easy after work Italian food! The ingredients are simple. A jar or can of artichoke hearts and a can of diced tomatoes. Some garlic, a pinch of basil. Nestle some chicken on top and pop it in the oven!
I’m on an artichoke kick lately- I had a leftover can from my One Pan Lemon Chicken with Artichokes. Now my only question is…are artichoke hearts Italian? I thought they were Greek? Somebody set me straight on this please. Either way- this is a delicious and EASY dish that your family will love, and thats what matters.
You can combine all the ingredients in a bowl or even right in the casserole dish!
After combining your artichokes, tomatoes and seasoning, simply top with the uncooked chicken and a sprinkle of herbs, salt and pepper.
Off to the oven it goes! Top with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and dinner is done! Doesn’t get much easier than this guys!
Some helpful hints for this flavorful, easy dish:
- I used chicken thighs but breasts will work just great.
- The first time I made this, I used marinated artichokes, the second I used canned. You can go either way but I like the extra zing of the marinated artichokes.
- Drain the artichokes and tomatoes really well. Too much liquid and the artichoke tomato mixture can get soupy. I used a metal mesh strainer but it does add to the cleanup, so your choice.
Besides being fabulously easy- I love me a good one pot meal, so much flavor in one pot! Check out this Mexican Chicken Bake while you’re at it. Delish!
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula, while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
A simple easy combination of artichokes, tomatoes and herbs. Topped with chicken and right in the oven it goes!
- 6 chicken thighs or breasts (I used thighs If using bone-, increase cook time by 15 minutes)
- 1 8 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts - drained well
- 1 14.5 oz can roasted tomatoes - drained well
- 3 cloves garlic - chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil to brush on top of chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grated mozzarella or parmesean
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Coat a 9 x 9 baking dish with non stick spray.
In mixing bowl, combine artichokes, tomatoes, garlic, flour, italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
Pour into prepared pan.
Nestle chicken into mixture.
Brush chicken with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Bake for 40 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked through.
Top with cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes.
Garnish with fresh basil if desired.