This beautiful Mediterranean Orzo Salad is stuffed with veggies and comes together in less than 20 minutes. It’s fast, fresh and easy to prepare. Just the way we love our food around here!
This salad is more like an antipasto pasta salad if there is such a thing. We added salami and artichokes to kick up the flavor factor!
Why we love this Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad!
Orzo is the new Penne! If you havn’t tried this rice size pasta you are in for a real treat. It has become a dinner staple at home because it is so quick cooking and alot less filling than full size pasta. Check out all our ORZO RECIPES HERE!
You can get very creative with this salad, using ingredients you already have on hand. Add in garbanzo’s , peppercini and roasted red pepper to name a few. Serve with grilled chicken or fish and you have a whole meal.
This makes a big batch…hello lunchbox!
We tossed this Mediterranean Orzo Salad with our 3 Minute Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette. It has just the right amount of zing and so much better than the store bought stuff.
We love to create recipes with orzo pasta and have about a dozen of them. Two of our favorites are this Shrimp and Orzo Skillet that is done in 20 minutes! Or this Chicken and Orzo skillet another one pan wonder!
To easy pasta dishes!
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula, while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
And don’t forget to take a peek at our new YouTUBE channel and subscribe! We are loading up video’s of your favorite Laughing Spatula recipes!
Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad
- 1 1/2 cups dry orzo - cooked until just tender about 9 minutes
- 1 12 oz jar marinated artichokes drained and quartered
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives - halved
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large english cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup cubed fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 cup diced salami
- 1/2 red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
3 minute Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette : https://laughingspatula.com/3-minute-lemon-dijon-vinaigrette/
- Cook Orzo until tender. About 9 minutes. Drain and rinse until pasta is cool to the touch.
- Combine remaining salad ingredients with cooked Orzo.
- Toss with out 3 Minute Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette ! You won't use all the dressing. Add enough to cover the salad and save the rest to add tomorrow to freshen it up. TASTE! More salt? More pepper?