Easiest Thai Chicken Noodle Soup with all the flavor of take out! This simple but deeply flavored soup is packed with chicken, veggies, noodles along with a coconut broth you can’t stop slurping!
This comforting bowl of soup is what we are starting our Fall recipes with and I’m pretty darn excited about it. Not having done a lot of Thai cooking I was a little intimidated but wow, was this easy or what!
Ingredients you need to make this Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- red bell pepper
- fresh ginger
- Red Curry Paste
- coconut milk (prefer full fat rather than light)
- Fish Sauce
- Rice Noodles – Rice sticks or Pad Thai noodles
- chicken stock
- brown sugar
- fresh lime
I know that list may look a little daunting but you can find the Red Curry Paste, Fish Sauce, Coconut Milk and Rice Noodles all right next to each other in the Asian food ailse of almost any grocery store these days.
How to store your soup:
- Store in a tightly closed container for up to 3-4 days. Freezing is not recommended.
MORE 30 MINUTE SOUP RECIPES!
- Chicken, Rice and Mushroom Soup
- Chicken and Corn Chowder
- Sausage and Potato
- Minestrone with Sausage
- Beef Barley Soup – slow cooker or stove top
To Soup…we love all of it! Clink!
Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 boneless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces, about 1.5 pounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup carrots diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground ginger
- 6 cups chicken stock preferably low sodium
- 1 14 ounce coconut milk full fat, not light
- 4 ounces rice noodles rice sticks, rice linquine or rice Pad Thai noodles will work
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 lime half for juice in soup, half sliced for garnish
- 2 green onions sliced
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large soup pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Add chicken and cook 2-3 minutes or until cooked through. Remove to plate and set aside.
- Add carrots, bell pepper and onion. Cook until tender. 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in ginger, garlic and red chili paste. Stir letting the aromatics release. About 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and coconut milk. Bring to a simmer. Add chicken.
- Stir in rice noodles, fish sauce and brown sugar. Simmer until rice noodles are tender. About 5 minutes. Squeeze half a lime into the soup.
- Ladle into large bowls and top with green onion, cilantro, basil and a lime slice!
- Serve with a warm baguette and butter if desired.