Easy salmon dip is a favorite in our family! This recipe is simple and comes together in only a couple minutes. It’s the perfect appetizer for any season.
The Perfect Leftover Salmon Recipe
Salmon dip is so simple to make. You can make it using leftover salmon, canned salmon, or even using smoked salmon. We used salmon filets we had leftover from dinner the night before.
If you’re using leftover salmon filets, shred them with a fork before you mix together your salmon dip for a perfectly smooth texture.
Salmon Dip Ingredients
- Cream Cheese
- Whatever you use, make sure it is softened.
- If you are wanting to cut the calories and fat content, we recommend using Greek Cream Cheese! This is our favorite kind, we buy it at Sprouts.
- If you really want to lower the fat/calorie content, use half cream cheese and half nonfat Greek yogurt. This will alter the texture a little to be not as firm but the taste is still great.
- You could use whatever you have on hand. If we could pick a favorite, it would be leftover salmon filets. You could also use smoked salmon if you want a natural smokey flavor.
- Green Onions
- Chives would work as well.
- Granulated Garlic
- Liquid Smoke (optional): If you are using non smoked salmon and desire a smokey flavor, use a small dash- I mean 1/8th of a teaspoon at a time. Mix and stir well until you get the desired level of smokiness you’re after. Liquid smoke is very strong, use it with caution.
Once the ingredients are in a bowl, stir them together with a fork, slightly mashing the salmon as you go.
PRO TIP: If you forgot to soften your cream cheese, add it to a bowl and mix it with an electric mixer (handheld or in a stand).
Transfer the salmon dip to a bowl, and serve with crackers, veggies, or a crunchy baguette! This recipe will last 3 days in the refrigerator (assuming the salmon is fresh).
If you love this salmon dip, here’s a few more recipes we think you’ll like:
Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Salmon Dip Recipe
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 3/4 cup salmon (leftover filets, canned, chef's choice)
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/8 tsp liquid smoke (add more if desired)
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add all ingredients- salmon, cream cheese, salt, pepper, granulated garlic, and liquid smoke.Note: Liquid smoke is very strong. Add only a little at a time and taste test until desired level of smokiness is reached.
- Stir salmon dip with a fork until fully mixed.
- Transfer to bowl. Serve with crackers and enjoy.