All the comfort and health of a roasted chicken supper with half the work and time!
Winner, winner, sheet pan dinner!
I threw in parsnips, carrots and sweet potatoes, keeping the flavors simple. I like the taste of simple roasted chicken and veggies. I used a bit of olive oil, generous amounts of salt and pepper and tossed in a little lemon and rosemary because I had some hanging around. You could change this up with red or white potatoes, brussel sprouts and most any other firm potato or vegetable. You could also switch up the thighs for legs or both. TIP- If using breast meat, best to buy bone in to keep it from drying out.
I used parchment but foil works just as well, keeping the clean up easy! Next up…Easy One Skillet Pork Chops in Mushroom Gravy. Yum!
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula, while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Sheet Pan Roast Chicken Dinner
- 6-8 in bone chicken thighs. Skin on and trimmed.
- 2 cups parsnips diced
- 2 cups carrots diced
- 2 cups sweet potatoes diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus two tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 lemon - half juiced and half sliced
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees
- Line a large sheet pan,with foil or parchment paper. (use the kind with an edge, not a cookie sheet)
- In separate bowl, toss chopped veggies with olive oil, rosemary, lemon juice of half lemon, salt and pepper.
- Pour onto prepared sheet pan.
- Nestle chicken thighs and lemon slices on top of veggies.
- Brush thighs with olive oil and sprinkle with additional salt and pepper
- Roast in oven for 40-50 minutes or until meat thermometer read 165 degrees and veggies are slightly brown.