This fresh salad salad is a staple around here! I make a big batch and have lunch all week!
Spinach and berries and balsamic oh my! All that spring tucked into one big fresh salad…oh and don’t forget the pecans! And avocado! And feta! This is one tasty salad combo and wait until you see how easy the dressing is to make! (I think I just exhausted my exclamation point allotment…so early in the post too…bummer). I mean bummer! LOL!! oops! ugh…
I used my easy to make Dijon and Lemon Vinaigrette recipe. Swapped out the apple cider vinegar for balsamic and added a half cup strawberries. Boom, instant Strawberry Vinaigrette!
There are so many ways to switch up this salad with whatever you have on hand. I make it with diced apple a lot of the times as I always seem to have apples around here. Switch up your nuts. Ya I said it. Switch…up…your…nuts. Just do it. Walnuts, Macadamias, whatever you love in a nut, toss it in there! (a few more !!!! for your nuts!).
You could easily add grilled chicken or shrimp to this Fresh Spinach Berry and Pecan Salad!
for a protein and make it a meal…and of course some bread. Bread is always good with salad. And butta, bread and butta. There goes my healthy salad. Oh and wine, you gotta have wine with this right? I’d pair it with a nice crisp Sauvignon Blanc or even one of those summery dry Rose’ out there right now. Totally into those lately! A few more !! for the wine!!
This would be fabulous served with Feta and Herb Crusted Salmon. You would already have the feta left over from the salad. How convenient is that?
Or Baked Parmesan and Dijon Crusted Chicken would go great with this salad as well!
Spring is in the air and summer is around the corner!
Spinach, Berry and Pecan Salad with Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 12 ounces fresh spinach torn into bite sized pieces
- 8 oz toasted pecans whole or chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh strawberries plus 1/2 cup for vinaigrette: washed, hulled and cut in half
- 1/2 pound fresh blackberries washed
- 1 avocado peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Strawberry Balsamic Dressing
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Add spinach to large bowl.
- Top with berries, avocado, cheese and pecans
- For dressing:
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend for about 20 seconds or until smooth.
- Add dressing a tablespoon at a time until desired amount has been added. You will most likely not need all the dressing. Store remaining dressing in the refridgerator for up to 3 days!