Wedge Salad Platter for a Crowd! – This beautiful and unique salad will be a hit at your next party! It takes only minutes to make with easy store bought ingredients!
Wedge Salads are back! They disappeared for a few years but like everything old…it becomes new again! Somebody tell my body that pa-leeese!
I first saw this platter at a party in Palm Springs. And let me tell ya, Palm Springs knows how to party! It ain’t your grandmas Palm Springs anymore!
We recently bought a second home there and Rachel and Greg loved it so much they moved here full time! Bring on the sunshine and parties! We have since made this salad over and over again…crowd pleasing, easy to assemble and made with easy store bought ingredients.
How to make this Wedge Salad for a Crowd!
PRO TIP: When choosing your lettuce, go for lightweight heads. The lighter the weight, the less dense yellow lettuce you will have in the center. I used two small heads of iceberg in the photo. Simply quartered it.
What kind of toppings can I use to make this Wedge Salad?
- chopped bacon
- Chopped eggs
- crumbled blue cheese
- You can also add chopped purple onion, chives, green onion and tomato
I cut everything in large chunks. I used a store bought blue cheese dressing, because, well, ya know…lazy cook :). And with so many great brands out there, why not! Go for one in the cooler section of the produce department for super fresh flavors.
I dressed it all up before I served, then put some additional dressing in the center. Pretty easy! And the good news is it stands up better than a tossed salad. The iceberg stays crisp for hours…even in the Palm Springs heat!
This recipe is for 8 but you can adjust it to suit whatever number you need.
Need more recipes for your crowd? We have them all right HERE!
A few more salads you might enjoy!…
Spinach and Avocado Salad with Blueberries. A power house of nutrients and fresh flavors!
Or Fresh Corn Salad with Avocado – no cooking required! Serve the corn fresh off the cob for a fabulous crunchy salad!
To Fresh and Easy Entertaining!
Wedge Salad Platter for a Crowd
- 2 heads of iceberg lettuce look for light weight heads
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbled
- 1 cup chopped cooked bacon
- 3 boiled eggs see below for perfect boiled egg instructions
- 1 1/2 cups store bought blue cheese dressing
- Boil eggs: Put eggs in large sauce pan. Fill with cool water about an inch higher than the egg. (Add 1 tablespoon vinegar which will make them easier to peel). Bring to boil. Remove from heat, cover pan and let sit for 10 minutes for a perfect medium hard boiled egg. Remove eggs to a pan of cool water to stop cooking process. Peel when cool
- Slice both heads of lettuce into 4 equal size portions for a total of 8 wedges and place on tray.
- Sprinkle with blue cheese dressing, bacon, eggs and cheese crumbles. Add an additional bowl of dressing in the center.