These were heaven! #Paleo #Whole30 #cleaneating #deliciousness
I have made these several times now, using ground turkey and ground chicken. I am a bigger fan of the ground chicken if you can find it.
This has turned out to be the most viewed post on my blog…to say I didn’t see that coming is an understatement. The reason for it’s popularity is because it is so Paleo and Whole30 friendly, not to mention super easy. Make a double batch, you will be glad you did!
- I usually cook these on a grill pan indoors, it helps keep the meat moist…but you can certainly grill these outdoors. Just be careful not to overcook.
- When mixing the avocados and forming the patties – go gently to keep the avocado chunks intact. Using a more firm Avocado will help as well.
- These will keep for several days in your fridge. I have frozen them as well, and the avocado holds up really great! Wrap individually and store in freezer safe ziploc bag.
- Great add in is chopped Poblano (for a little heat) or chopped Jalapeno (for more heat!)
A few other fast, fresh and fabulous burgers for you to try!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 large ripe avocado - cut into chunks
- 1 chopped clove of garlic
- ⅓ cup Panko crumbs or Almond meal (to keep it Paleo friendly )
- 1 minced Poblano or Jalapeño pepper (optional but recommended)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and toss gently.
- Shape into desired size patties and grill inside or out!
Based on Panko crumbs not almond meal: