This recipe has been updated with new pics! You can see that here: Easy Roasted Lemon Chicken with Rosemary and Potatoes. The same great recipe, just prettier 🙂
#Paleo and #Whole30 Compliant
This is one of those recipes that can be made 100 different ways and they would all be good! If you never learned to cook another thing, you could fool your family for years with this same recipe and a few different ingredients. Okay, maybe not years, but at least a month…or a week…I’m so dramatic sometimes…
I love it’s simplicity and freshness. I was going to add artichoke hearts and forgot…next time! Chicken and potatoes all in the same pot, just as it should be. Ahhhh, simple, fresh, lovely.
I cut up a roasting chicken but I think I’ll use chicken thighs and legs next time. Cutting up a chicken these days is like handling nuclear waste. Cut, wash, disinfect, repeat 3 times before you feel good about it.
Some additional suggestions: Artichokes, Roasted Red Peppers, Fresh Thyme in lieu of Rosemary, carrots, turnips and the list goes on and on! Whatever you have hanging around but the lemons do make it so purdy!
Another great healthy one pan dish is my 30 Minute Chicken Puttanesca. Tons of flavor and super easy to make. Your whole family will love it! (Also Paleo and Whole30 Compliant!)
All my Favorite Whole30 Recipes in one spot!
Have a great day!
- 8-10 pieces of your favorite cut of chicken - skin on
- 1 lb. baby red potatoes
- ½ onion - cut in large pieces
- 2 lemons, 1 sliced and 1 juiced
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Rosemary plus sprigs for garnish
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a glass 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange chicken pieces (skin side up), potatoes, sliced onion and lemon slices evenly in pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, rosemary, crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Pour mixture all over chicken and potatoes. Sprinkle all over generously with additional salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 hour, or until chicken and potatoes are fully cooked.