This amazingly easy chicken recipe has just a few ingredients but all combined they make a huge flavor! Crunch pecans and savory rosemary make a perfect crunchy crust!
Fast, fresh and so easy you will be whipping this up on a regular basis!
This is my go to dinner. When I can’t possibly drag my blogging butt to the kitchen to cook. I remember how good and easy this is. Not to mention healthy!
It lifts those plain old chicken breasts to a new level. (you think I’m gonna make a breast lifting joke here don’t you? I am a pillar of strength today and I am going to show some maturity…killing me!).
I first started with Macadamia Nut Chicken. I soon spread my nutty wings to include walnuts and pecans. Nuts and seeds are the new yogurt and avocado. Tons of healthy omega 3’s that make your heart say thank you!
Set up a quick dredging station. Don’t panic! It’s not a ton of work…just three little bowls. Have your kids do the dishes…thats why we had them right?
Dredge in order: flour, egg and panko nut mixture. Feels awkward dipping your flour coated chicken into egg goo, but it’s how it rolls. Trust me. It will keep those nuts in their place…
Place coated chicken breasts on a baking sheet covered with parchment or foil.
Bake for about 25 minutes and dinner is done. Serve with my three ingredient Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce! 1/4 cup yellow mustard, 1/4 cup honey and 1/4 cup greek yogurt or mayo (not non fat). This stuff is good on everything!
It’s fast and fresh and on the table in about 30 minutes!
Tips to make Pecan Crusted Chicken with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- Careful not to over pulse the nut and panko mixture. About 10 times should do it.
- No need to pre toast the pecans, they toast right up when baked on the chicken.
- You can sub mayo for the greek yogurt in the dipping sauce. ( I would if I thought my arteries could take it).
- Let chicken rest for 5 minutes before slicing. It will help keep all that coating you worked so hard on intact.
- If you are Paleo or Whole30 – omit flour and panko crumbs. Double the nut amount and grind half of the nuts super fine and the other half leave a little larger. Use the finer nuts in place of the flour dredge.
A couple more chicken breast recipes for you to kick up your weeknight dinners !
To crunchy nutty chicken!
Super easy crunchy chicken that comes together in a flash!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus 1/2 teaspoon more for flour mixture
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper plus 1/4 teaspoon more for flour mixture
- Honey Mustard Dip
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt . I used 2% but non fat will work...it will just be a little thinner sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Line baking sheet with parchment or foil
To food processor add: pecans, panko, fresh rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Pulse about 10 times until pieces are uniform (see dredging photo above for correct consistency)
In three large bowls add flour to 1, whisked eggs in bowl 2 and nut mixture in bowl 3.
Season flour with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon flour
Dip chicken in flour first, followed by egg then cover in nut/panko mixture.
Place on baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
For Honey Mustard Dip
Combine all ingredients and serve.