Glazed Orange Bars – These easy to make bars will quickly become a family favorite! A wonderful orange flavor and an easy to make glaze. Your family is sooo gonna love you for this!
We first posted these as Orange Brownies back in 2012, but we don’t let good recipes sit unloved, so we wanted to reintroduce this recipe with new pictures. This recipe was way over due for a photo make over. Some of the old pics on this blog are something! And I don’t mean that in a good way. Big hugs to you guys for sticking with me over the years!
When I make these, it’s usually to bring to a party or get together. They are too good to have hanging around! And I just pick, pick, pick at them all day long. Never have an entire piece of course! Just 25 tastes. But the good news is there is a fresh orange in it…healthy right? Lets hear it for vitamin C!
How to make Glazed Orange Bars:
To get started, mix up your simple batter of butter, sugar, flour and a few other ingredients. Pour into a 9 x 13 pan. The only specialty ingredient you need is orange extract. It makes a big difference in the flavor of the cake.
After you remove these from the oven and your house smells like heaven, poke a few holes in the cake with a fork. While the cake is still warm, mix up your super simple glaze and pour over the warm cake! This glaze is what gives these bars a delicious, almost fudge like texture.
Orange Brownie Glaze Ingredients
- Powdered Sugar
- Orange Zest
- Orange Juice
Let cool and slice! You won’t believe the fabulous flavor.
More Recipes Featuring Oranges:
- Fresh Orange Cake
- Orange Muffins
- Spinach, Feta, and Mandarin Orange Salad with Bacon
- Honey and Orange Glazed Salmon
Another great bar recipe is our Blueberry Pie Bars. Simple, with big flavor! Just the way we like things around here.
To a little sweetness in our life!
Kathi & Rachel
Glazed Orange Brownies
- 1 cup butter, at room temp 2 sticks
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9 x 13 pan with non stick spray.
- Using a mixer, combine sugar, butter, eggs, orange extract and orange zest. Continue to beat until fluffy. About 1-2 minutes
- Add flour and salt and beat for another 2-3 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until edges are brown and top is just starting to brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes. Using a fork, poke holes all over the cake.
- Combine glaze ingredients in small bowl.
- Spread over warm cake. Let cool before cutting. Chilling in the refrigerator for 30 minutes makes them a bit easier to cut.