What a winning combination for Spring, Artichokes Stuffed with Chorizo! Tender baked artichokes are stuffed with chorizo for an easy and quick appetizer. Start with the best and freshest Artichokes from Ocean Mist Farms.
We make this easy by roasting the artichokes in foil packets. A no fuss easy method with easy clean up!
This post is sponsored by Ocean Mist Farms, which is perfect because they are known for their Gold Standard of Artichokes! Ocean Mist Farms Artichokes are grown in 2 different regions in California (Castroville and Coachella), which strategically supplies the best quality of artichokes year round, to consumers all over North America. Click here to find them at your local grocer!
Ingredients to make Artichokes Stuffed with Chorizo –
- Ocean Mist Farms Artichokes
- olive oil
The chorizo does a lot of the work here. It is so flavorful on its own this recipe does not require much else!
How to make Chorizo Stuffed Artichokes –
First step- Buy the best and freshest artichokes you can find. We love Ocean Mist Farms brand for their quality.
Prepare the Artichokes:
- Rinse and pat dry.
- Trim the stem allowing the artichoke to sit flat.
- Remove the extra bottom leaves that may be tough.
- Cut about 1 inch off the top of the artichoke.
- Using scissors remove any pointy ends.
Rub the exposed cut side of the artichokes with a half a lemon. This will keep the artichoke from browning (they oxidize really quickly so do this fast!). Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
Wrap each artichoke separate in heavy duty aluminum foil. Bake unstuffed for about 30 minutes. This will allow the artichoke to soften so you can scoop out the choke (fuzzy part) and spread the leaves easily to stuff.
After stuffing the par cooked artichoke, wrap the foil up the sides leaving the top of the stuffed artichoke exposed. This will help with browning the chorizo for added flavor.
Bake for another 30 minutes or until the chorizo is cooked through (165 degrees), the artichoke is tender and the leaves pull out easily.
Serve while hot! This makes a great appetizer or serve along side a simple green salad for a full meal!
Here are a few more easy spring time recipes we think you’ll love!
- Mediterranean Roasted Artichokes
- Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Radish Salad with Orange Honey dressing
- Lemony Orzo Pasta
Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Artichokes Stuffed with Chorizo
- 2 Ocean Mist Farms Artichokes
- 10 ounces ground chorizo
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 °F
- To prepare artichokes: remove stem and cut about an 1 inch from top of artichokes. Remove any tough leaves and trim pointy leaves with scissors.
- Rub a half of lemon over the exposed top of the artichoke quickly to stop oxidation. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Wrap each artichoke in a large piece of heavy duty aluminum foil. Seal tightly.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven open up the foil and let cool for about 10 minutes until easy to handle.
- Using a large spoon, remove the choke (fuzzy part) of the center of the artichoke. Gently pry open the leaves.
- Stuff the center of the artichoke with chorizo and some of the surrounding leaves.
- Wrap the foil up around the sides of the stuffed artichoke leaving the top exposed. Re-bake for about 30-40 minutes or until artichoke leaves come out easily and chorizo is done.*Chorizo is fully cooked once it reaches 165 degrees fahrenheit.
- Serve warm & enjoy.