This Buffalo Chicken Salad is made with crunchy romaine, celery, carrots and topped with bleu cheese crumbles and ranch dressing!
We are crazy over Buffalo Sauce around here! It packs a punch but not an overwhelming heat. This simple Buffalo Chicken Salad comes together in just minutes and makes a great lunch or dinner. Try doubling the recipe for meal prep!
Ingredients in Buffalo Chicken Salad Recipe
- boneless chicken breasts
- Franks RedHot Sauce (you can use other hot sauce brands but this is the one that started it all!)
- garlic powder
- romaine lettuce
- grated carrot
- bleu cheese crumbles
- ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing if you prefer. We like the cooling affect of the ranch.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Salad : (see recipe card below for detailed instructions)
Start by heating a large skillet over medium high heat. Sear your chicken pieces until brown and cooked through. You may need two batches depending on the size of your pan.
Add your Franks RedHot Sauce, garlic powder and butter to the cooked chicken pieces. Bring to a simmer. Let simmer for a few minutes until slightly thick. Turn off heat and let it cool a bit while assembling your salad.
To assemble your salad: divide the lettuce into 4 bowls. Top with chopped celery and grated carrots.
Sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles and drizzle on the dressing. Done!
Store any leftover chicken and sauce in a sealed container in the refridgerator for up to 4 days.
A few variation ideas:
- sub the bleu cheese (if your not a fan) with feta, grated cheddar or pepper jack for a bigger punch!
- add all the veggies you have in the fridge: radish, tomato, cucumber to name a few.
- use a yogurt based store bought dressing to cut the calories.
- use shrimp in lieu of chicken. Simply saute the shrimp and follow the directions.
- serve on a platter with toothpicks for an appetizer and leave out the salad.
- serve warm over rice or potatoes. Buffalo chicken stuffed baked potatoes anyone?
A few more salads you might like –
Kathi and Rachel
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we might receive a very small commission, at no additional cost to you, should you chose to purchase that linked item. We only link to items I know and trust. Clink!
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts – cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup Frank's RedHot Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups Romaine – chopped
- 1 cup celery – chopped
- 1 carrot grated
- 1/2 cup bleu cheese crumbles
- Ranch or Bleu Cheese Dressing
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Sear your diced chicken being careful not to over crowd the pan. You may need to do this in two batches depending on the size of your skillet.
- Add Franks RedHot Sauce, butter, garlic powder and salt to the skillet with the chicken. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for several minutes until slightly thick. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly while you assemble your salad.
- Divide lettuce among 4 bowls. Top with celery and carrots. Top with warm chicken and blue cheese crumbles. Drizzle on the dressing and serve!
Leave a Reply