Crispy Butter Dijon Parmesan Crusted Chicken Thighs that come together in a flash. Oven baked to a crispy crunch! Dredged in a simple concoction of butter and dijon then dipped in panko crumbs and parmesan. Your family is so gonna love you for this!
We can’t get enough of these Butter Dijon Parmesan Crusted Oven Fried Chicken Thighs!
Mr. Laughing Spatula hums when he eats these….you know… the nom nom hum? Nommm, nommmm, nommmm…I just love it when he talks food to me 🙂
This is the third time I have made this and the first time the photo’s are acceptable to post.- What is it with this chicken anyway? I practically had to force it down my camera’s throat – finally drizzled some honey on it to make it all shiny and pretty but now it’s ‘Buttery Dijon Parmesan Crusted Oven Baked Chicken Thighs with Honey”…jeesh, it will take you longer to say it than to cook it!
What do I need to make these Crispy Chicken Thighs?
- 6-8 boneless chicken thighs (bone in can be used as well, see recipe card for directions)
- dijon mustard
- panko crumbs
- parmesan cheese
Combine butter and dijon in one bowl and panko and parmesan in another.
Now simply dip the chicken in the mustard mixture and into the parmesan and panko crumb mixture.
Lay them on foil or parchment covered sheet pan for easy clean up!
PRO TIP: Spray the top of the chicken with non stick cooking oil spray to give it even more crunch!
Bake it up and you have some of the yummiest Oven Baked Chicken Thighs around!
The dijon gives it a nice kick and the couple tablespoons of butter make the crust crispy!
I double the batch and use the leftovers for a crispy chicken salad the next day. These are also fabulous cold.
What should I serve with these Parmesan Dijon Crusted Chicken Thighs?
- Rice goes so well. We bake ours in the oven and it comes out perfect every time!
- Caeser Pasta Salad – all the flavors you love with pasta!
- Creamy Caulifower Augratin – cream and veggies..yes!
- Cauliflower Rice with Mushrooms – 20 minute delicious and healthy side dish
More chicken recipes please!
A couple of our favorite are this Greek Sheet Pan Dinner where even the potatoes are cooked along slide the chicken and veggies.
Or this One Skillet Chicken Breast with Roasted Red Peppers! You simply blend a jar of roasted red peppers along with a few other ingredients, pour it right over your chicken and dinner done!
To chicken! You make our weeknights a happier place to be!
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Butter Dijon Parmesan Crusted Oven Fried Chicken Thighs
- 6-8 boneless chicken thighs (bone in would be fine too just increase cooking time)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/3 cup dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cup Panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- honey for drizzle if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with foil or parchment for easy clean up.
- Spray with no stick spray.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken thighs - set aside. Dryer the chicken, the more it will crisp up for you.
- Mix together melted butter and dijon in a medium bowl. Combine Panko, parmesan, salt and pepper in another bowl.
- Add chicken thighs to butter/dijon mixture and gently toss to be sure each piece of chicken is coated. It only needs a thin coat of the rich dijon butter mixture.
- Press each chicken thigh into Panko crumb mixture and place on prepared pan.
- Spray top of coated chicken thighs with additional non stick spray. This really helps those crumbs get crispy!
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes until coating is crispy and brown and chicken is cooked though to an internal temp of 165 degrees.
- Serve with a drizzle of honey if desired. We like this with mashed potatoes and a side of steamed broccoli.