We are big fans of Caesar salads around here and this one comes together in a flash. We used mayo as the base for a creamy dressing that will last for up to a week in your refrigerator! It takes only 5 minutes to whip up, and keeps your salad nice and crunchy!
The early version of Caesar salads were prepared table side, which is fancy and great , but I’ll take an easy 5 minute recipe that tastes like the real thing any day!
Our family loves this dressing, sometimes store bought caesar dressing just doesn’t have the ‘zing’ and fresh taste you want.
The bright fresh lemon, garlic and anchovy paste really make this ‘pop’. You can’t buy that in a bottle at the store!
Let’s talk about the ingredients of this 5 minute Caesar salad dressing :
NOTE: The base of this dressing is full on mayonnaise. If you are looking for a healthier Caesar Dressing, we got ya covered! Click here for the recipe to our Skinny Caesar Dressing!*
- Mayonnaise: This serves as the base of this dressing. It is what makes it creamy and stable. Some restaurant versions use raw egg- the beauty of this recipe is that there is no raw egg, so you can serve it worry free to your kids or those weary of eggs.
- Anchovy Paste: I know..I know..not the most appealing ingredient but you NEED anchovy paste with caesar dressing. It is what makes it taste like, well…caesar dressing! Rich, salty savory…yum.
- Dijon Mustard: Another tangy ingredient to boost the flavor profile and it’s a natural emulsifier…fancy word for it brings this dressing together and holds it together!
- Worcestershire: This gives the caesar dressing a savory, salty finish. A little goes a long way, make sure to follow the recipe so you don’t overdo it. It is easier to ‘add to’ then to ‘take away’.
- Fresh Garlic: Next to the anchovy paste, the fresh garlic is one of our most important ‘caesar’ ingredients. The fresh garlic finishes off the dressing with a restaurant quality flavor. Give it a fine mince to avoid any big bite of garlic.
- Lemon Juice: Because what else goes with a good Caesar salad besides lemon? Lemon makes everything bright and flavorful.
- Parmesan Cheese: The parmesan cheese gives the dressing a little bit of texture and another layer of flavor.
I love any easy and quick salad dressings- I use them for sauces, marinades, etc. A few of my other favorites include:
- Easy Poppy Seed Dressing
- Greek Yogurt Honey Mustard
- Avocado Lime Sauce/Dressing
- Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette (a whole30 favorite!)
- Fresh Tomato Vinaigrette
- Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Chimichuri Sauce
If it’s salads your after we have those too!
- Autumn Salad with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Maple Cider Vinaigrette
- Fresh Corn and Avocado Salad with Lime Vinaigrette
- The Best Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Crunchy Thai Chicken Salad with Peanut Dressing
Here’s to healthy, easy recipes…That’s kind of our thing. 🙂 – Kathi and Rachel
Â What do you think about this recipe?Have questions?Comment below!Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, andÂ connect with us on Instagram andÂ Â tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!Â
An easy to make Caesar Dressing using mayonaise as the base along with anchovy paste and fresh lemon that comes together in less than 5 minutes!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Whisk all ingredients, except parmesan cheese, in medium size bowl until creamy and well blended.
Stir in cheese. Store in container with tight fitting lid in refriderator for up to one week.
Light mayonnaise can be substituted but will change the texture as it is slightly thicker.