Everything goes in the pot for these ONE POT CHICKEN BURRITO BOWLS, even the uncooked rice! Tender chicken, taco seasoning, black beans, peppers and corn make up this super fast and tasty dinner.
Tender chicken breast mixed with your favorite burrito ingredients and all done in 30 minutes in one pan! This is a go to recipe at our house for a quick and healthy dinner! A quick 10 minutes of prep and it’s simmering on the stove! Makes great meal prep for lunches all week long!
Chicken Burrito Bowl Ingredients –
- chicken breasts
- uncooked white rice
- chicken broth
- black beans
- poblano pepper – or bell pepper
- canned diced tomatoes
- taco seasoning
- shredded cheese
- Toppings like sour cream, salsa and avocado
One Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls
Start with a large skillet. Add your olive oil, onion, peppers and diced chicken. Saute for a few minutes until the veggies are soft and the chicken is almost cooked through. It will finish cooking with the rest of the ingredients.
Now toss everything else into the pot! Stir, cover and dinner is done!
It doesn’t get any easier!
NOTE: be sure to stir the pot a few times during cooking to make sure the rice doesn’t stick to the bottom.
How do I serve this dish?
That’s what I love about these Chicken Burrito Bowls! There are so many ways to eat them.
- serve on thier own, in a bowl with your favorite Mexican toppings like sour cream, salsa and avocado.
- roll them up in a tortilla.
- put a large scoop over salad and top with ranch dressing (my fave!).
- serve inside a lettuce wrap.
Store any leftovers in a sealed container for up to 3 days. It can be frozen for up to 3 months but when thawed the texture of the rice tends to change as it gets softer…still yummy but a bit mushy 🙂 .
How to use ground beef, chicken or turkey in these Burrito Bowls –
- simply sub the ground meat for the chicken and cook along with the veggies per the insructions. However you may want to remove any residual grease from the pan. Ground chicken or turkey will be much more lean than the beef.
More Easy Mexican inspired dishes we thing you will love! :
- Healthy Mexican Casserole– a super easy way to get all the flavors you love in casserole form.
- Sheet Pan Quesadillas – great appetizer or add a salad and it’s a full meal.
- Chili Rellenos Casserole – this easy to make casserole will become a family fave!
- Sheet Pan Fajitas – our go too when we need Mexican food fast!
Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Hey and check out our new YouTube Channel!
One Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls
- 1 pound chicken breasts - cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped poblano pepper - or bell pepper, any color
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup black beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn - frozen, canned or fresh
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes - undrained
- 1 1.25 ounce packaged taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Add olive oil to a large skillet. Heat to medium high. Saute cubed chicken, onion and pepper until vegetables are soft. (Chicken may not be cooked all the way through but will continue to cook with the rice.)
- Add rice, broth, beans, corn, diced tomatoes, and taco seasoning. Bring to a simmer over medium high heat then reduce to low. Cover and cook stirring occasionally to keep the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Cook for about 20 minutes until rice is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Top with cheese. Cover allowing cheese to melt before serving.
- Serve with your favorite Mexican condiments such as avocado, salsa and sour cream.
Hi, would I be able to double this recipe and it still come out right?
Kathi & Rachel says
Yes! Hover over the ‘servings’ in the recipe card and a slider will pop up. You can double it very easy that way.