Chicken Pot Pie Soup! – This easy to make soup tastes like chicken pot pie only in soup form! And the best part is it takes less than 30 minutes to make!
This soup will make you and your family happy for days! It comes together in a flash using store bought rotisserie chicken or any leftover chicken will do.
This recipe makes Chicken OR Turkey Pot Pie Soup!
We love our soup around here. I am a soupateer, a master of the broth, a soupanaut…or soupanut 🙂 At any rate, I love soup! In fact, soup is the reason I started a blog. I was going to have soup only blog, but like usual I got side tracked and started adding all kinds of recipes. I am so easily distracted…especially when food is involved!
I make this soup with either store bought rotisserie chicken or left over chicken. We eat a ton of chicken around here…surprised we don’t grow feathers and cluck.
Love the little hearts cut out of store bought pie crust dough. Awwwwww…..
What to serve with Chicken Pot Pie Soup –
- Engish Muffin Bread – this super easy one rice bread is our favoriate !
- Bread Sticks – can’t go wrong with these. Family loves them
- Quick Cheese Bread – no yeast, no rise, easy cheesy bread!
To Soup! Our favorite food group!
Kathi & Rachel
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups milk I used 2% but non fat will work
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced or shredded
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup gold potato, diced skin on is fine!
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste. Will depend on if you use low sodium broth or not.
- 1 package store bought pie crust
- Melt butter in large soup pot or dutch oven.
- Saute onions, carrots and celery until slightly softened. About 5-7 minutes. Add in garlic and continue to cook for another minute.
- Sprinkle flour over cooked vegetables continuing to cook for 2-3 minutes until no dry flour is visible.
- Add chicken stock and milk and heat through.
- Add chicken, potatoes, peas and thyme. Bring to just a simmer and cook until potatoes are soft. TASTE FOR SALT AND PEPPER. Add accordingly.
For Pie Crust Garnish
- Preheat oven according to package directions. Slightly roll out store bought pie crust. Cut into desired shapes and bake for about 5-7 minutes or until puffy and just turning brown.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we might receive a very small commission, at no additional cost to you, should you chose to purchase that linked item. We only link to items I know and trust. Clink!