Deviled Eggs are a nostalgic, easy appetizer and perfect for Easter or any holiday alike. What makes this recipe so much easier than traditional deviled eggs is the use of an Air Fryer to hard boil the eggs! We’ll show you how to make delicious, creamy, and perfect deviled eggs, in less time.
The first step to perfect deviled eggs is using cooled, hard boiled eggs.
We recommend using an air fryer to hard boil eggs. It is a super simple method that gives you a nice, yellow yolk, and a bonus of cooking them this way is no waiting over a boiling pot! Check out this recipe for a full tutorial on our Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs.
Once the eggs are fully cooked and cooled, peel the shell and cut them in half, reserving each yolk and placing them into a separate bowl, and mash into a fine crumble. Then, add the filling ingredients and mix with a fork or small whisk until smooth.
Deviled Egg Filling Ingredients
- Egg Yolks
- Mayonnaise (you can use plain greek yogurt if you want to lower the fat content, note that the flavor will have more tang.)
- White Vinegar
- Yellow Mustard
- Garnish: Chives, paprika, or chopped pickles.
Once the deviled egg filling is smooth, you’re ready to fill these little babies!
PRO TIP: Save some time and fill the eggs using a plastic bag! Fill a plastic bag with the deviled egg filling and smooth out to reduce air bubbles, then cut the tip off and fill. You can also use a piping bag if you have time and want them to be extra pretty.
Garnish the finished deviled eggs with a little paprika and chives, and you’re good to go! The Pioneer Woman shared some good tips on storage for deviled eggs, and if you’re trying to bring these to a function, here’s some easy ways to transport them.
PRO TIP FOR BRINGING DEVILED EGGS TO A PARTY: One tip for transporting them (depending on where you’re bringing them) is to put them together at your destination- this is done even easier if you use our plastic bag trick.
Other recipes with eggs you may like:
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Enjoy these little devils! – Kathi and Rachel
Easy Deviled Eggs
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- fresh chopped chives
- paprika (smoked or regular)
- Cut fully cooled & peeled hard boiled eggs in half, placing yolks into a separate small-medium sized mixing bowl.*Click here for recipe on how to hard boil eggs in air fryer.
- Mash yolks with fork until crumbled. Add mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Mix until smooth using fork or small whisk. Transfer to plastic bag and make 1/4 inch cut on corner of bag to
- Fill each egg white cavity with egg yolk mixture. Top with chives and sprinkle with paprika if desired.