Herb Stuffed Turkey Breast Wrapped in Prosciutto is the perfect dinner when a full turkey is just too much! Incredibly easy to make!
I am a huge klutz…cute, but klutzy 🙂 I have the most horrible photo shoot set up. I actually set my tripod in my sink and broke a lens when making this, so forgive the overexposed photo! Oh well- at least this Herb Stuffed Turkey Breast Wrapped in Prosciutto is yummy, right? 🙂
How to make Herb Stuffed Stuffed Turkey Breast wrapped in Prosciutto
- Step 1 – Butterfly your turkey breast. I know, that sounds daunting but you can’t screw this up. Here is a little video if you need help. But basically you cut half way down the middle then out to the sides so it opens up like a book. It doesnt have to be pretty for this dish. NOTE: if you buy it in a roll, like Butterball, when you unwrap it, there may be a couple pieces. Do not panic. Simply butterfly the biggest breast to lay flat and tuck the remaining pieces around it so it looks like one large breast. Once you wrap this baby up in prosciutto, no one will be the wiser! Mine was in 3 pieces…can’t tell!
- Step 2 – cover with chopped herb and garlic mixure.
- Step 3 – Roll up, using your parchment to help you. Just keep tucking and rolling. Right when you think it won’t work…it does!
- Step 4 – lay your thinly sliced prosciutto over the top, slightly overlapping. Tucking the ends of the prosciutto under your rolled up turkey breast. Tie with 4-5 pieces of string.
You are done and you are amazing! Now time to go enjoy your Herb Stuffed Turkey Breast Wrapped in Prosciutto!
You can see this doesn’t have to be perfect when it goes into the oven, but it will be perfect when you take it out and slice it….I promise!
Serve this with these delicious side dishes:
An easy to make but impressive Turkey Roll! Wrapped in prosciutto for a crispy crust that keeps the turkey super moist.
- 1 pounds boneless turkey breast - about 2-3
- 6-8 slices prosciutto about a 2 oz package
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh italian parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 cloves large chopped of garlic
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine herbs and garlic along with one tablespoon olive oil and lemon - set aside.
- Lay out parchment paper on large surface and place skinless turkey breast on top.
- Butterfly the turkey breast.
- Cover with plastic wrap and flatten with a mallet to about 1/2 to 3/4 inches.
- Season breast with salt and pepper.
- Spread herb mixture over entire breast and roll up. Use the parchment to help lift and roll.
- Set seaside down.
- Overlap prosciutto over the top of the breast. Tuck remaining ends under and secure with string.
- Brush with remaining one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 165 degrees.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.