You know Mrs. Fields cookies are the BEST out there- and we’ve found a way to replicate them! These delicious chocolate chip cookies are thick, tender and taste like your favorite mall cookies. Learn how we make them- they are an unconventional cookie recipe that turn out perfect every time.
It is very rarely I have been able to make something as delicious as my mom makes. But…I will say, these cookies rival that. I shared a few of them with her and her eyes immediately lit up- “OMG these taste just like Mrs. Fields cookies!”. My husband…a self proclaimed cookie addict, was hooked. I think he had 6. In 5 minutes.
Here are a few tricks for perfect cookies.
- Use cold butter. Don’t skip this step and don’t melt it.
- Use dark brown sugar– it’s got a much better depth of flavor.
- Using a better vanilla extract is key.
- The best kind of Nielsen-Massey Vanilla extract, sold at Williams Sonoma and some fine grocery stores. It is pricey. A more moderate vanilla extract would do just fine, however a higher end more concentrated one will really amp up the flavor, and the smell of the cookies!
- Dark chocolate chips, I used Ghirardelli, are my favorite for these. Almost a savory flavor, mixed with the sweet cookie dough…yummm! Sprinkle a touch of sea salt on top if you like.
If you love cookies and treats, here are a few of our other favorite recipes!
- Thick and Chewy Cowboy Cookies
- Cream Wafer Cookies
- Glazed Orange Bars
- Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies
- Loaded Brownie Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies with Sea Salt
Cheers to delicious cookies! Yum! – Rachel
(And here is a video to make this recipe even easier on you!)
Delicious, thick and tender cookies that taste just like your mall favorite!
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup cold salted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
Using a stand mixer, or a mixing bowl with electric mixer, mix white and brown sugar together.
Add butter cubes and mix on medium speed for about 3 minutes, until full mixed.
Add eggs and vanilla. Mix to combine.
Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Beat on low until fully combined.
Fold in chocolate chips with spatula.
Using a cookie scoop, form dough balls into about 1/4 cup. This recipe will yield roughly 20 cookies. Place cookie balls on greased cookie sheet, and slightly (SLIGHTLY!) flatten. Place plastic wrap over cookie dough, and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
*Roughly 8-10 cookies per sheet pan. Do not overcrowd.
Preheat oven to 300 degrees farenheit. Place cookies into oven. Bake for 15 minutes, or until edges have set.
Let cookies cool for 10-15 minutes before serving to ensure they are set. Serve and enjoy.
- Add extra chocolate chips on top of cookies for more chocolate!
- Sprinkle sea salt on top of cookies after baking.
- Add butterscotch or white chocolate chips if desired.