Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Cinnamon Pecan Crunch! You get the whole flavor of roasted sweet potatoes in this dish! Nothing brings out the flavor of veggies like roasting them- they get an earthy flavor that is meant to be. You can actually taste the sweet potatoes in your sweet potato casserole which is what makes this dish a winner…Plus it makes the house smell delish.
How to make this Sweet Potato Casserole
Just peel, dice, and roast your sweet potatoes for about 25 minutes on a sheet pan with some olive oil. This gives the sweet potato cubes a nice finish, roasting the exterior with a little bit of char. Once they’re done, toss the with a little brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon for added flavor.
Mix up the topping , leaving the pecans whole (you can chop them, but whole gives the dish a rustic look that I love, and who ever complained about cinnamon sugar coated pecans?).
You can make this up to 2 days in advance.
If you’re making it ahead of time, wrap it up with plastic wrap or foil and place in the refrigerator for up to 28 hours. To bake it right away, place it in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes, or until the pecans are lightly toasted.
My family went sweet potato crazy over this and I think it’s the fresh taste that won them over. This serves about 8 people but you can easily double…or triple! Feeding the world with fresh sweet potato casserole..I have found my calling.
Looking for more make ahead dishes for Fall or the holidays?
- Make Ahead Mushroom Gravy – with a deep mushroom flavor.
- Make Ahead Cheesy Potato Casserole – Made with frozen hash browns, so easy!
- And for your holiday breakfast – Make Ahead Mexican Tortilla Breakfast Casserole!
- Sweet tooth for the morning? Blueberry and Cream Cheese French Toast Casserole is SO GOOD.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Cinnamon Pecan Crunch
- 6 cups peeled cubed sweet potatoes (about 5 large potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup plus two tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon divided
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 2 cups whole pecans chopped is okay too
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line large baking sheet with parchment or foil for easy clean up.
- Spread out cubed potatoes, toss with olive oil.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until firm when poked with a fork and edges are browning. Turning once or twice while they roast.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pinch of pepper. Toss with cooked potatoes.
- Butter an 11 x 7 casserole dish. Add roasted sweet potatoes.
- For the topping: In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon together. Fold in the melted butter and pecans until the mixture is totally combined. Spoon evenly over potatoes.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until pecans are lightly browned.