One Pan Easy Oven Roasted Chicken with Lemon, Potatoes and Rosemary!
When I say easy, I mean really easy, super easy…like you won’t even remember making it, it was so easy! You will be sitting down eating this, wondering how the heck it got on your dinner table! LOL! Do people still say LOL? I love LOL!
I first posted this recipe several years ago and if you are wondering how good it is, check out the 80 plus comments from folks who love it! You can see that post here: Oven Roasted Lemon Chicken with Potatoes.
I have been wanting to share this recipe again for some time. It is my go to dinner when I can’t think of what to make for dinner. The ingredients are so simple but the flavor is so amazing!
You simply pour the yummy sauce over the chicken and potatoes, bake and serve. The marinade is a simple combination of lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and rosemary. No need to pre-marinade, just pour and bake!
You can use any cut of chicken but I recommend bone in, so the potatoes and chicken get done at the same time. I used a cut up whole chicken. but lets face it, cutting up a whole chicken is like dealing with nuclear waste. Cut, wash, disinfect, repeat three times! If that kind of stuff annoys you as much as it annoys me…buy one package of bone in chicken thighs and one package of chicken drumsticks and you are good to go!
(To use boneless chicken, microwave the potatoes for a few minutes until just slightly cooked. Then just throw them in with the chicken and bake for 25-30 minutes.)
Serve with some fresh steamed veggies and you have a super healthy dinner thats Paleo and Whole30 friendly!
Here’s to easy and healthy dinners! LOL!
Here is another perfect one pan chicken dinner! It’s basically the same recipe only kicked up a notch with sausage and a different marinade. Roasted Chicken with Sausage and Potatoes...such a clever name huh?
Also check out this one pan wonder! 30 Minute Chicken Puttanesca!
- 8-10 pieces of bone in chicken
- 1 lb. baby red potatoes
- ½ onion - cut in large pieces
- 2 lemons, 1 sliced and 1 juiced
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh Rosemary plus sprigs for garnish
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a glass 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange chicken pieces (skin side up), potatoes, sliced onion and lemon slices evenly in pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, rosemary, crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Pour mixture all over chicken and potatoes. Sprinkle all over generously with additional salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 hour, or until chicken and potatoes are fully cooked.