My obsession with quick meals continues. I was convinced that the Italian Chicken Bake I shared was the easiest recipe ever, but this is actually a little easier (no chopping of the garlic) and just as tasty! All you do is toss together corn, black beans, salsa and a few spices…top with chicken and bake! I used canned corn because that’s what I had but I think fresh would be fantastic. You could also add a fresh chopped jalapeno if you like some extra heat.
What I love about this dinner:
- One pan, like one as in number 1, you mix and bake in the same baking dish.
- You can kick it up with fresh ingredients if you have them.
- You can easily double the recipe and put it in a 9×13 pan for those delectable left overs
- You can add cheese to it. (If you can add cheese to it, then I will most likely make it)
- Oh, and it’s healthy (just watch the cheese).Enjoy!
Southwest Chicken Bake
- 6-8 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 14.5 oz can corn frozen or fresh will work as well
- 1 14.5 oz can Black Beans - drained and risned
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon flour to thicken the chicken juices as it cooks
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground chili powder
- 1/2 cup grated cheese most any kind works
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Spray a 8 x 8 baking dish with non stick spray.
Add all ingredients excluding chicken, to the baking dish and stir.
Nestle chicken on top.
Bake for 40-50 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
Top with grated cheese.
Serve with avocado (optional)