So after all my talk about weight loss in my last post, Skinny Tomato Soup – here I am posting a fairly decadent recipe. Well, I do it for you my friends. I do it because I know, deep in your heart of hearts, you do not want skinny stuff thrown in your face every week …am I right? Do I know you? I think so….
We went all out on this one. No ‘light’ dairy products, no reduced sugar – it’s just big. Big flavors, big calories and everyone you know is going to love you big for making it!
Now, if only you were here to eat the rest of it for me!….it’s just sitting there all lonely and stuff. I guess it’s time for a trip to the neighbors. They love it when I am dieting. Ding Dong – ‘Honey, get the door. It’s that lady that used to be fat – she brings us the most delightful stuff!”.
So happy I can be of service….sharing the chub, one neighbor at a time.
- I used pecans but walnuts or almonds would work just as well.
- I used a loaf pan but a 9 x 9 will work just as well.
- If you want 2 loaves or a 9 x 13 size cake pan – just double the ingredients and it will work fine.
- ½ cup butter - room temp
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- For Streusel Topping
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup flour
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter - chilled
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Maple Icing
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9 x 5 loaf pan with non stick spray.
- For Cake:
- Using mixer. Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and sour cream. Mix until well combined.
- In separate bowl - combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add to wet ingredients.
- For Streusel topping
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix with pastry cutter or fork until well combined and butter is the size of small peas.
- Pour half the cake batter into the prepared loaf pan and top with half the streusel mixture. Add remaining batter and top with streusel mixture. (this makes a lot of streusel so go heavy with it!)
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Mix all icing ingredients together and drizzle over cooled cake.