These Cauliflower Buffalo ‘wings’ are crispy, delicious, flavorful, and taste just like chicken wings- but, better! We used pre-cut cauliflower florets to make it even easier, and bonus- these only take 30 minutes to make.
How to Make Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
To start off these baked buffalo cauliflower bites, preheat your oven to 400 degrees farenheit. Line a baking tray with foil (or parchment paper) and spray it with nonstick. I used pre-cut cauliflower florets but you could also buy a head of cauliflower and cut it yourself. After prepping the cauliflower, prepare the panko crumb mixture and egg wash.
I use a simple mixture of panko crumbs, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. For the egg wash, it is a mixture of eggs, and a tablespoon of half and half. Use a fork and dip each piece of cauliflower in egg wash, then generously coat it in the panko crumb mixture.
If you want to spice this up, add some red pepper flakes.
After dipping each piece of cauliflower in egg wash and panko crumb, place them on a foil lined, nonstick sprayed baking sheet. Bake them for 10-15 minutes (or until lightly brown and crispy) at 400 degrees farenheit. They should look like this:
While baking the cauliflower, prep the buffalo sauce. We used Frank’s Buffalo Sauce. In a medium sized, microwave safe bowl, melt unsalted butter. Add buffalo sauce, honey, and mix well.
Remove cauliflower bites from the oven, and leave the oven on for a second round of baking in our next step. Generously coat each piece of cauliflower with buffalo sauce. We use a small rubber BBQ basting brush- but if you don’t have one, a spoon would work good also.
After coating each piece of baked cauliflower with buffalo sauce, pop these little babies back in the oven for another 7-10 minutes- or until they reach the level of crispness you desire.
Place these buffalo cauliflower ‘wings’ on a platter, serve with celery and blue cheese or ranch dressing, and enjoy! When I served these, I also drizzled mine with honey- I tend to like the sweetness of it, but that is entirely up to you and your taste buds.
Questions, or need other thoughts on these buffalo cauliflower wings? Here’s a few ideas!
- Not a fan of buffalo sauce? Turn these into BBQ cauliflower bites! Instead of buffalo sauce, baste them with a mixture of your favorite BBQ sauce. Our favorite mixture includes 3 parts BBQ sauce, 1 part lime, and 1 part honey. We used the same mixture on these oven baked ribs.
- Mix up the Panko Crumbs for more flavor: Add more garlic, fresh garlic, fresh herbs, red chili pepper flakes, or even finely diced jalapeño for more flavor, depending upon your taste buds.
- Make your own buffalo sauce! This recipe from Taste of Lizzy T is fabulous and super simple.
- Make sure to use FRESH cauliflower. Frozen just doesn’t taste as good. Pre-cut florets will help save on time.
Looking for other great cauliflower recipes?
We are big lovers of cauliflower here at Laughing Spatula, and it’s a super ‘hip’ vegetable. Some of our most favorite cauliflower recipes include Creamy Cauliflower Au Gratin, Cauliflower Rice with Mushrooms and Feta, and Crispy Pork Cutlets with Cauliflower Rice.
Here’s to healthy, easy snacks…that are kinda fun to make 🙂 – Rachel
And by the way…if you make any of our recipes, be sure to tag us on Instagram @laughingspatula!
Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- 4 cups cauliflower florets we used pre cut from Trader Joes- two 12 oz. bags equals about 4 cups total.
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp half and half milk will work as well
Panko Crumb Mixture
- 1.5 cups panko crumbs
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
Buffalo Sauce Mixture
- 1/2 cup Frank's Buffalo Sauce
- 1/2 cup melted buter
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees farenheit. Prepare a baking sheet wtih foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- Prepare egg wash- combine eggs and half and half, whisking well. Set aside.
- Prepare panko crumb mixture ingredients- combine and set aside.
- Using a fork, dip each piece of cauliflower in egg wash, and then generously coat with panko crumbs on all sides. Place on foil lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until a light brown.
- While cauliflower is baking, prepare buffalo sauce mixture. Mix melted butter, buffalo sauce, and honey in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- Remove cauliflower from oven, and using a basting brush, generously coat each piece of cauliflower with buffalo sauce mixture. Bake for another 7-10 minutes at 400 degrees farenheit or until cauliflower reaches your desired level of doneness.