A nice little change up from your regular pasta or potato salad is our Asian Rice Salad. Served chilled, the combo of tender wild rice, crunchy cashews and water chestnuts are addicting! We also add baby corn to get more veggies in there. Best part? It’s easy! It’s gotta be easy or it just doesn’t show up here! This is a redo of a recipe we have been making in our family for years. It needed some new love!
Start with a store bought brown and wild rice mix! Lets keep this easy!
We use a brand called Farmhouse but you can use any Brown and Wild Rice Blend in you like.
Because I am always watching my waist line, (lately I’ve been watching it grow …ahem), I subbed out half the mayo for greek yogurt in this recipe. I didn’t tell anybody and nobody noticed! My arteries are thanking me.
Cook the rice according to package directions and chill well. Two hours should do it.
Chop up baby corn, water chestnuts, spring onion, and cashews. Add to a large bowl along with the cooked and cooled rice.
Next up…make the easy dressing!
The combo of mayonnaise, greek yogurt, dijon mustard, and teriyaki sauce give is a sweet and salty flavor!
What else can I add to this Asian Rice Salad?
- Red Bell Pepper
- Sliced or diced cabbage
- Snap Peas
- Green Peas
- cubed grilled chicken
and that…is how you make our Asian Rice Salad! If you are looking for other delicious cold side dishes, here’s a few we love!
- Caesar Pasta Salad
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Corn and Avocado Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- Asian Slaw with Sesame Peanut Dressing
- Crunchy Mediterranean Couscous Salad
We hope you enjoy this easy and delicious side dish!
– Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below!Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Asian Rice Salad
- 1 4 ounce box brown and wild rice mix cooked according to package directions and cooled
- 6 oz can water chestnuts - drained and coarse chopped
- 1/2 cup cashews - coarsely chopped hold out a few whole ones for garnish if you would like
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped baby corn
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce store bought, bottled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook brown wild rice according to package. Cover and refrigerate until chilled - about two hours.
- In medium bowl, combine yogurt, mayo, dijon and Yoshida sauce with a wire whisk until well blended.
- In a large bowl, combine rice, cashews, onions, baby corn and water chestnuts and stir. Toss with dressing and stir.
- Top with additional cashews and onions for garnish if desired.
- Store in refrigerator.