This Chicken Alfredo Pizza starts with our basic pizza dough recipe and is topped with a 5 minute Creamy Alfredo Sauce, chicken, and of course cheese!
2020 has been the year of homemade pizza at this house!
First there was our tried and true Basic Pizza Dough. Then we topped it with Pepperoni and Sausage . We followed this up with the Shrimp Alfredo Pizza, which is easy as pie :). We made a thick 5 minute Alfredo Sauce that stays on the pizza!
Can I use store bought pizza dough ?
- Yes! Simply bring it to room temp and press it in!
- PRO TIP : Don’t feel like you have to use all the store bought dough for one pizza. The secret to great pizza is the thin restaurant quality crispy crust. Too much dough can make it bready.
Our favorite method of cooking a pizza is using a Cast Iron Skillet. Rachel and I own several sizes and are addicted! It gives a great crispy crust to the dough.
Don’t have a cast iron skillet? No problem! A pizza stone or even a baking sheet will do the job.
THE SECRET to our 5 minute Alfredo Sauce: mix the flour in with the parmesan then add to the cream. Instant thickner! No need to cook it down. You want this a little thicker than a regular Alfredo sauce so it doesn’t slide off your pizza.
What kind of chicken do I use? Store bought rotisserie chicken works great or just bake up a chicken breast or thigh prior to building your pizza.
What other kinds of homemade pizza can I make?
- Shrimp Pizza with Alfredo Sauce – Kathi’s personal fave :).
- Pepperoni and Sausage – Sometimes the classic is the way to go.
- Smoked Salmon Pizza – great appetizer or light meal!
- Breakfast Pizza – start the day with pizza – yes please !
A few other ideas for pizza lovers –
- BBQ Chicken Pizza – substitute the tomato sauce for your fave bbq sauce. Sprinkle with chopped chicken, caramelized onion and top with smoked gouda.
- Cheeseburger Pizza – use ground beef and top with shredded cheddar.
- Taco Pizza – ground beef with taco seasoning and top with grated cheddar and when out of oven sprinkle fresh shredded iceberg and tomatoes on top. Drizzle with salsa.
- Clean out the fridge Pizza! – rummage through your deli drawer. Ham? Cheese? Feta cheese or soft mozzarella works great too. What else do you got in there! Chop it up and throw it on!
Complete the meal! What can I serve with this Chicken Alfredo Pizza?
To pizza all day, everyday!
Kathi & Rachel
This easy and delicious pizza will become a Friday night fave! Includes our recipe for 5 minute Alfredo!
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan 1/2 cup for sauce and 1/4 cup to top pizza
- 1 1/2 cups half and half half cream, half milk (or all heavy cream)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
Prepare our Basic Pizza Dough
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In small dish combine 1/2 cup grated parmesan and flour, set aside.
Melt butter in a medium size skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic. Saute until soft and fragrent. About 2 minutes
Add cream, bring to a simmer. Add parmesan cheese and flour mixture. Using a wire whisk, whisk until sauce is thick and cheese is melted. About 2-3 minutes. Add pinch of salt and pepper. Taste. Add additional salt and pepper if needed.
Rub the skillet ( or whatever pan you are using) with 1-2 tablelspoons olive oil. Press half of the Basic Pizza Dough into the skillet (this dough recipe makes two 12 inch pies).
Top pizza dough with about a half cup of sauce for a 12" pizza. You maybe have some sauce left. It can be stored for up 5 days in the refridgerator.
Top with chopped chicken, tomatoes and remaining 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the crust is light brown on the edges and hot in the middle.
- Use our easy Basic Pizza Dough Recipe or store bought.
- You can freeze any unused pizza dough for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refridgerator.
- If you do not have a cast iron skillet, a pizza stone or heavy duty baking pan will work.