Moist and tender Easy Chicken Meatballs! Toss this together any night for a quick and delicious dinner that can be on the table in less than 30 minutes!
Ingredients to make Chicken Meatballs:
- 1 pound ground chicken – 93/7 fat ratio for the most tender and juicy chicken meatballs
- oil – EVOO, Avocado or Canola
- parmesan cheese
- bread crumbs
- dried basil and oregano
- 28 ounce jar of marinara sauce
- grated mozzarella
- grated parmesan
- pasta if desired – these chicken meatballs are good all by themselves but great on top of pasta as well!
How to make ground Chicken Meatballs:
Toss together the ground chicken, cheese, egg, bread crumbs, spices, salt and pepper. Mix gently, being careful not to overwork the meat.
PRO TIP: ground chicken can be on the moist side. Add a bit more bread crumbs if needed
After making all the meatballs. Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add in your oil. Avocado or canola works best for this as it has a higher smoking temp but olive oil will work in a pinch.
Careful not to crowd the meatballs or they will steam more than brown. Turn when they release easily from the pan and continue to cook until cooked through and 165 degrees.
What can I serve with Chicken Meatballs?
- Serve over pasta, rice or on thier own!
- Homemade bread sticks
- Quick Rise Rolls
- Italian Chopped Salad
- Wedge Salad
A few more recipes you might like for ground chicken!
- Ground Chicken Pasta Skillet
- Greek Chicken Burgers
- Taco Pie – although the recipe is pictured with ground beef, I make it more often with ground chicken!
- Asian Style Chicken Meatloaf
Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Ground Chicken Meatballs cooked up quickly in a skillet with store bought marinara for an easy and fast dinner!
- 1 pound ground chicken – 93/7 fat contents – I got 17 meatballs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs – panko or traditional
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon oil – avocado or canola. Olive oil in a pinch.
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 28 ounce Marinara Sauce – store bought, good quality.
In mediumm size bowl, combine ground chicken, parmesan, bread crumbs, egg and spices. Gently mix and shape into meatballs and set aside.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add meatballs being careful to not over crowd the pan. Make two batches if necessary. Cook for about 10 minutes turning after brown until internal temp reaches 165 degrees.
Pour marinara over cooked meatballs, reduce heat to medium and bring to a simmer.
Top with mozzarella cheese and simmer until cheese is melted.
Serve alone or over pasta if desired.