This Easy Cinnamon Roll Cake is made with simple ingredients that come together in a fabulous way! Reminicent of a cinnamon roll with that buttery cinnamon goo running all through it!
This delicious and easy to make cake can be breakfast, dessert or snack! This cake is perfect for our ‘non-baker’s’ out there as well as beginner bakers! It’s an easy and straight forward reicpe that comes together easily. Sure to be a hit at your next pot luck!
Simple ingredients to make Cinnamon Roll cake:
- white sugar
- brown sugar
- confectioners sugar
Can I substitute a boxed cake?
Yes! Use a vanilla cake mix and simply add the cinnamon roll filling following the directions in the recipe card below.
How to make this easy cake –
Mix up your super simple batter and pour into a 9 x 13 pan. In a seperate bowl combine your filling ingredients.
Using a tablespoon drop mounds of the filling on top of the cake and swirl with a knife. Try to hit every piece of this delicious cake with the filling!
Bake for about about 45 minutes.
Cool slightly before adding the icing.
Store at room temperature for up to 4 days. Freeze for up to 3 months.
MORE EASY CAKE RECIPES –
- Fresh Orange Cake
- Banana Foster Upside Down Cake
- Chocolate Mousse Cake
- Strawberry Icebox Cake
- Fresh Lime Cake
Kathi and Rachel
Cinnamon Roll Cake
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup butter – melted
- 3/4 cup butter – room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar – light or dark
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with non stick spray.
- With an electric mixer, combine flour, white sugar, baking powder, eggs and milk. Add melted butter and mix until combined.
- Pour batter in prepared dish.
For Cinnamon Filling
- Combine all ingredinets in a small bowl.
- Drop the filling in spoonfuls on top of the cake.
- Using a butter knife swirl the cinnamon mixture throughout the cake.
- Bake cake for about 45 minutes or until edges are lightly brown and center is cooked through.
For the icing
- Combine all ingredients in small bowl. Allow cake to cool for about 20 minutes before drizzling the cake.