Gingerbread Cookie Bars are a fabulous way to say ‘I love you’ not just during the holidays, but anytime of the year!
It’s a bar, it’s a cookie, it’s a bar, it’s a cookie! Who cares what it is…it’s yummy! It’s Gingerbread Cookie Bars!
All the flavors of a gingerbread cookie in the convenience of a bar cookie! Okay, my ‘bars’ look more like pieces of cake. I have “portion issues”. You could go smaller if you were so inclined. Smaller bars would probably yield about 24 cookies or a half inch off your waist. These are not diet bars…repeat, not diet bars! They are sweet and gooey and just what a serious dessert lover ordered, I can’t get enough of these Gingerbread Cookie Bars!
Super easy to make, with everyday ingredients. You can sub all the spices for 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice, if thats easier for ya, and I have also heard rumors that ‘some people’ BUY their cream cheese frosting rather than make it from scratch…say it isn’t so!
These would be great for a bake sale or to bribe your hubs into hanging up those holiday lights!
If you need more cookies (and who doesn’t?). Check these two out…they are my faves for the holiday and of course….easy!
Easy to make Gingerbread Bars that feed a crowd! These are great for bake sales or parties or just your family who loves dessert!
- ½ cup butter melted
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- For Cream Cheese Frosting or you can cheat and buy a can...
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9×13″ baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and molasses.
- Add egg and stir until completely incorporated.
- Add baking soda, flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg and salt and mix until well combined. Press dough evenly into the bottom of greased pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes and let cool.
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream butter and cream cheese together in a large mixing bowl. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth and cream.
- Frost the bars and serve!
- I garnish the tops of mine with a little nutmeg.
- Cut into 12 large or 24 small bars
This Gingerbread Cookie Bar recipe was lovingly borrowed from six sisters.com