This is a staple in our house – especially when I am eating Paleo or Whole30. I usually use ground chicken but ground turkey or beef works great too. You can hide all kinds of veggies in here. I used poblanos, red and green peppers, onions and on occasion chopped carrots and corn. Your kiddo’s will never know what hit them!
We spoon it onto chopped lettuce for taco salads, put in lettuce wraps for snacks and of course tortillas when we are not going all Paleo and stuff. ( i.e.: Saturday and Sunday 🙂
If you are using this recipe during your Whole30, make sure you check the labels on your spices so they are clean. No sugars or fillers. I am planning another Whole30 soon. Well, when I say ‘another’, what I mean is ‘another attempt.’ (chubby fingers making quotation marks).
I made it 20 some days on my last attempt before I fell into a vat of champagne at a Seahawks Super Bowl party. I wish I had a pic to share! There I was just walking along with my big glass of sparkling water, someone yelled ‘Touchdown Seahawks’! and bam! Head first into a bottle of bubbly! It was a sight to see my friends, but I am ready to try again only this time I’ll watch where the hell I’m walking.
This packs up great for lunches as well…better make a double batch to get you through the working week!
Check out all of my other flavorful and easy Whole30 recipes here!
- I used 70 percent lean ground chicken opposed to all white chicken breast.
- Spices vary – make sure and taste check as you season.
- 1 pound ground chicken turkey or beef
- 1 poblano pepper chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste - I find this needs a good dose of salt
- pinch of chili pepper flakes optional
- In a large skillet, brown ground meat.
- Drain excess liquid.
- Add all chopped veggies and seasonings.
- Saute over medium heat until just crisp tender, about 3-5 minutes.