This Slow Cooker Greek Chicken is so versatile and delicious. It can be topped on a salad or stuffed inside a pita. A mixture of chicken thighs, onion, spices and a bit of lemon juice/olive oil, it’s made entirely in a slow cooker and super simple to set and forget.
The trick to this Slow Cooker Greek Chicken is using chicken thighs.
A low and slow technique makes for easy shredding, and this Slow Cooker Greek Chicken it super moist.
A simple spice mixture gets your chicken to Greek status as it mixes and melds in the slow cooker. The best part is- you can’t really go wrong with your spices in this dish. Mix and match as you prefer. Don’t like smoked paprika? Add in a pinch of chili powder for some added heat. Don’t like lemon? Leave it out.
Once the chicken is done, you can either leave the thighs whole, or you can shred them. The chicken will be fork tender, so an easy ay to shred it is to use a wire whisk- it will gently come apart.
Once the chicken is cut or shredded to your liking, spoon it onto your dish of choice.
How to Serve Slow Cooker Greek Chicken
With all of the ways to serve Greek chicken, we really recommend serving with the Greek trifecta- cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions. A little bit of Feta and a drizzle of red wine vinegar really adds the most perfect pop of flavor, too!
30 Second Tzatziki Recipe
To make up some 30 second Tzatkiki sauce as a topping to your Greek Chicken, mix 1 cup Greek plain yogurt, 2 tablespoons freshly chopped dill, 1 clove chopped garlic, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. This stuff is delicious!
Do you love this Slow Cooker Greek Chicken? Check out our other Slow Cooker Recipes!
- Chicken Marinara
- Slow Cooker Whole Chicken
- Chili with Sweet Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- Perfect Italian Slow Cooker Meatballs
Cheers to easy low and slow meals! Cheers!
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula, while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Slow Cooker Greek Chicken
- 8-10 chicken thighs (boneless & skinless)
- 1 cup sliced white onions
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped garlic or granulated garlic (chef's choise)
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- Add chicken & sliced onion to slow cooker, and toss in olive oil.
- Add remaining dry ingredients to slow cooker, tossing until fully coated in seasonings.
- liquid ingredients.
- Cook on low for 4.5 hours, or until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Shred with fork, and enjoy on a pita, on a salad, or whatever you chose! Enjoy! *Pairs great with Feta Cheese, Cucumbers, Red Onion, Tomatoes and Tzatiki.
Want to make some Tzatiki to go with your Slow Cooker Greek Chicken?Mix up some 30 second Tzatkiki sauce as a topping to your Gyro! Combine 1 cup Greek plain yogurt, 2 tablespoons freshly chopped dill, 1 clove chopped garlic, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. This stuff is delicious!