Another easy salmon recipe! This time, we mix together a homemade honey mustard sauce and slather it over salmon, then bake it for an easy weeknight meal thats healthy and super flavorful. This is one of our household favorites!
Easy Baked Salmon Recipe
We are experts in Easy Baked Salmon recipes. Baking salmon is one of the easiest and most foolproof ways to cook salmon. The first step to this recipe is to preheat your oven, then prepare a baking sheet with foil, and spray it with nonstick spray. Then place the salmon onto the sheet pan.
- The key to making perfect Salmon is to bake it until it is a few degrees less than fully done, then let it come up to temperature (145 degrees Fahrenheit) while it rests.
- You can read all about how to perfectly bake salmon here, but read below for instructions on how to add a honey mustard glaze.
- You can use any salmon you like. Our favorites are either Atlantic Salmon or Sockeye Salmon.
Honey Mustard Glaze Recipe
What makes this salmon so delicious is the homemade honey mustard glaze!
- Mustard: Use any type of mustard you prefer, but Dijon gives the best flavor.
- Use whole grain, or smooth, whichever you prefer. If you don’t have whole grain and want a little bit of texture, add 1 tsp of mustard seeds to your mixture.
- Honey OR Agave
- Minced Garlic: A little bit of minced garlic yields a deeper flavor, and brings out the brightness in the mustard.
- Chives: I add some chives for a bit of color and slight flavor, but that is optional. I keep dehydrated chives on hand just for meals like this!
Mix the ingredients honey mustard ingredients together in a small bowl, and slather the top of the salmon with the mixture. Place it in the oven for about 15 minutes, and bake until the thickest portion of the salmon is about 135 degrees fahrenheit, then remove from the oven, and allow it to come up to temperature of 145 degrees before serving.
Other Ways to Serve Baked Salmon
Baked salmon is one of our favorite ways to have a healthy dinner, here are a few more recipes we love using this method:
- Blackened Salmon
- Salmon Crusted with Panko Crumbs and Rosemary
- Garlic, Dijon and Fresh Herb Salmon
- Salmon with Lemon Dill Sauce
What to Serve with Honey Mustard Salmon
We love a good, healthy side dish. Here’s what we love served alongside this recipe:
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- Asparagus Salad
- Simple Rice Pilaf
- Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob
- Oven Baked Rice
Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we might receive a very small commission, at no additional cost to you, should you chose to purchase that linked item. We only link to items I know and trust. Clink!
Honey Mustard Salmon
- 1.5 lbs salmon filet (skin on or off, chef's choice)
Honey Mustard Glaze
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp minced garlic (or granulated garlic)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tsp chopped chives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix glaze ingredients in small bowl, set aside.
- Line a sheet pan with foil and spray with nonstick.
- Place salmon onto foil lined sheetpan.
- Add honey mustard glaze to top of salmon, and spread evenly. Place salmon into oven.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until fish is 135 degrees at its thickest most internal part. Allow to rest and come up to temperature (fish is considered full cooked at 145 degrees Fahrenheit internally), for about 5-10 minutes.